Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a newbie here, greetings from Finland! I've got an S12 under heavy construction, going to race her in 2006. The engine is SR20DET with a massive turbo coming, HKS wastegates, huge fmic, forged internals and stuff, aiming for 500hp+. Also complete aerodynamic, chassis and suspension modifications will take place during the year. It's just starting to take off, have been cleaning the chassis and soon I'll begin to make the roll cage and aerodynamics. For pics, my project site is HERE :thumbup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Holy crap those brakes are beautiful. Best of luck on the project, and keep us updated...I always like to read up on what others are doing for roadrace cars since I'm working on one too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
nice......a friend of mine has a s12 as well but here in mexico they named it HIKARI..i was like WTF? but still its the 1.8 Turbo....bastard. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2Fass240us said:
Holy crap those brakes are beautiful. Best of luck on the project, and keep us updated...I always like to read up on what others are doing for roadrace cars since I'm working on one too. :thumbup:
Thanks, I'll try and report of the progress here too!

Loki said:
nice......a friend of mine has a s12 as well but here in mexico they named it HIKARI..i was like WTF? but still its the 1.8 Turbo....bastard.
That's a funny name for a car, it almost has a meaning in Finnish too :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
race-silveR said:
Thanks, I'll try and report of the progress here too!

That's a funny name for a car, it almost has a meaning in Finnish too :)

Hikari in japanese means LIGHT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loki said:
Hikari in japanese means LIGHT
Okay, now I'm a lot wiser again :) Was a good day working with the Silvia today, made some progress with the bodywork. Soon I'll have to start making all the fiberglass body parts...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some new pics of the Silvia in the homepage since yesterday, check them out! Also looking forward to publish our team website in the near future, it's going to be something really nice :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2Fass240us said:
What are you doing in these two pictures?
Just grinding off the paint in the lower one and smoothing the edges of the plates in the upper one. Both are preparations for welding the door and window edges... Was quite a slow job and I had metal dust all over, in my nose for example after that =)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2Fass240us said:
For what reason? Chassis stiffness? Sorry, I don't follow.

-Andy
Yeah, my bad for not explaining properly. Stiffnes is the thing in mind with the welding-stuff. Of course the roll cage will stiffen the chassis even more but it's all good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hello again, Nissan people! It's been a while and lots of stuff has happened since the last time I found my way into this forum. For starters, there's a new website: http://www.as-god-intended.com with a write up and a big picture gallery of the project.

The car's almost ready to be flipepd on it's wheels again, as I'm expecting the custom made Bilstein coil overs to be finished soon. Then it's time for the roll cage and inventing the engine mounts. The whole rear subframe was adapted from an S13, hopefully the handling will match the amount of work put into the operation. Lots of stuff has been done, you'll get a better picture of it from the story and picture gallery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2Fass240us said:
Great pictures...I really enjoy seeing the progress. :cheers:

Makes me want a chassis stand terribly...
Glad you liked the pics, it's true that a good picture tells more than a 1000 word story. The chassis stand isn't that hard to make, if you have the welding equipment. There are some more sophisticated ones for sale (at least in Finland) for quite affordable prices, too.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Very nice build up. Do you know if the diff is an upgraded one already? What is the power range your looking at? 500whp still?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nismo14-180 said:
Very nice build up. Do you know if the diff is an upgraded one already? What is the power range your looking at? 500whp still?
Thanks! I'm using the European market S13 open diff with a clutch/friction plate type aftermarket LSD. If the OS Giken LSD fits the open case, I'll propably have one of those.

My turbo is a Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid unit with ceramic ball bearings and stage 3 turbine wheel, so it's propably around 500whp or little less what the turbo is capable of ([email protected] I think). It's a matter of testing and the size of the driver's (=my) balls, on what kind of boost will be used in the races :cool: Street tires on a road course do have their limits, after all...

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Im pretty sure it'll fit. I've been wondering that myself. I think I'll give Enovativ Force a call....

How much did the coilovers cost you? I've never heard of the bilstein coilovers...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually I haven't received the coil overs yet, since they make me new adjustable front control arms, too. Bilstein is quite a big brand over here in Europe, very high quality items for racing. A company called Rallysystems make coil-overs for racing use after the original items. So I sent them my original S12 front shocks and some S13 rear shocks (using the S13 rear systems...) and receive custom made ones from Bilstein parts. They just asked me the corner weights and for what use (rally, track etc) the shocks should be made for, so the performance is as good as possible. Long story for a simple question, hopefully u get something out of it :crazy: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts