Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just put on my summer tires (I live in Canada), and ever since, my car keeps pulling right. I checked the tire pressure and it's all good on all 4 wheels. I never had an accident, so the mags are all straight and I ran on the summer tires for less than 5,000 miles since I purchased them.

Any ideas as to why my car would start pulling right after just changing the tires?

My winter tires are on winter rims and my summer tires are on my mags.

Thanks!

·
yesss...
406 Posts
Yamakasi said:
Hi,

I just put on my summer tires (I live in Canada), and ever since, my car keeps pulling right. I checked the tire pressure and it's all good on all 4 wheels. I never had an accident, so the mags are all straight and I ran on the summer tires for less than 5,000 miles since I purchased them.

Any ideas as to why my car would start pulling right after just changing the tires?

My winter tires are on winter rims and my summer tires are on my mags.

Thanks!
i am guessing a simple balancing of your tires would solve it..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UnkalledFor said:
i am guessing a simple balancing of your tires would solve it..
Talked to a few friends of mine and they said the same thing :p

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Who changed your tires? The dealer? If so, I'd say get their ass on it. They have standards to maintain which they're also accountable to and this sounds like poor craftsmanship. Take it back and say "Fix it again Tony!"

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If it pulls right under acceleration only, it is torque steer. If it is pulling at crusing, it is more likely alignment; a balance issue would cause more of a vibration and not a pull.

·
yesss...
406 Posts
NickZac said:
If it pulls right under acceleration only, it is torque steer. If it is pulling at crusing, it is more likely alignment; a balance issue would cause more of a vibration and not a pull.
yea alignment.. balance.. same thing :rolleyes: lol jp.. ^ what he said... i think my car needs to be balanced cause my wheels vibrate making my steering wheel vibrate.. either that or my tire pressure.. havent checked them in a while..

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
UnkalledFor said:
yea alignment.. balance.. same thing :rolleyes: lol jp.. ^ what he said... i think my car needs to be balanced cause my wheels vibrate making my steering wheel vibrate.. either that or my tire pressure.. havent checked them in a while..
That could be a lot of things...pressure, balance, bent wheel, suspension problems, bad tyre, joints, etc...

·
Registered
42 Posts
or your fuel map could have a nasty hole :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem after i changed my tires in BJs. In my case the tires on the right side had low pressure. Make sure that you have the right amount of air in all the tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts