Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if I take it to the track, should I be going 13's?

1992 240SX, S13 SR20 Blacktop, Type X J4 ecu;
Front mount, 1Bar of boost, ACT Street clutch, Open diff, Stock 195's. Stock T-25.

And how much power should I be making, around 250 right?

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
I'd put a better set of tires on there, but the only way to know is to take it to the track. Also, higher elevation leads to higher 1/4 mile times, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You dont think he would gain more then 5hp with double the boost? 1 bar is 14.5 or 14.7 Stock psi is 7 if i remembr correctly.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
vodKA said:
I'd put a better set of tires on there, but the only way to know is to take it to the track. Also, higher elevation leads to higher 1/4 mile times, so keep that in mind.

Whoa whoa there, you got that backwards. Cars run better at low elevation (such as me -9 ft. sealevel.) Much more dense air and more for the turbo to push.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
^^^ He didn't get anything backwards. You misunderstood ;) re-read what he wrote.

You need a good LSD and probably slicks to be in the consistent 13's with those mods. I'd say get a 1 piece driveshaft too

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Marblecake said:
You dont think he would gain more then 5hp with double the boost? 1 bar is 14.5 or 14.7 Stock psi is 7 if i remembr correctly.
All measurements are done in HP to the wheels or hubs. From factory the SR is around 140hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah you should be running 13's...my friend was running 13psi on a stock T-25 turbo

-FMIC
-Intake
-Exhaust
-Short shifter
-and basically the other things you have

best he ran was a 13.2... I believe they were drag radials on the back

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Joel said:
All measurements are done in HP to the wheels or hubs. From factory the SR is around 140hp at the wheels.
The stock SR20DET was doing 140whp? my sentra book puts the crank Hp on a SR20DE at 140hp I think your numbers may be off. Also a good set of drag tires will do wonders as will a LSD other wise you will spend a second or two just making pretty blue smoke.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stock KA dual cam makes 120-130 rwhp. The SR should be around 165-180 rwhp. My friends 89 hatch with a stock SR and a front mount has gone 13.0 without slicks and a decent amount of wheelspin. Your open diff may be hurting you alot but you should be around there with some good tires.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you sure you dont mean kW? for a motor rated at 205hp to lose 65 hp through the driveline seems a bit steep. I know it all depends on the conditions and on which type of dyno you used. Also 140kW is about 187hp. That doees seem a little high for stock but it makes more sense to me.
The KA24DE is rated 155hp and every dyno i've seen is 123-132hp for a stock motor at the wheels.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
you should only see a max of 20% power drop through the drivetrain if you get more you may want to look into it. so 205 crank Hp should yeild you atleast 164 whp

·
Registered
11 Posts
I might as well add this. my buddy has an se-r with the bb det in it. 211whp with tuning. motor is completely stock. rated at 205. so...the exhaust helps. 3 inch

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
There was never a FWD SR with a BB turbo, must be a turbo swap. If its the GTiR motor then they are really good engines and make more power than all other SR's.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
ball-bearing

s10cky said:
what??? how was there never a bb turbo. its the blue bird motor man. t-25. no swap here.
He meant BB = Ball bearing. The GTiR came with a ball bearing turbo which was better. I think that's how he interpreted you're BB (I assume you meant Blue Bird SSS).

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Kingtal0n said:
Just want to know if I take it to the track, should I be going 13's?

1992 240SX, S13 SR20 Blacktop, Type X J4 ecu;
Front mount, 1Bar of boost, ACT Street clutch, Open diff, Stock 195's. Stock T-25.

And how much power should I be making, around 250 right?
1 bar of boost is 14.7 psi... How do expect to make that much boost off of that setup? I've heard the Type X ecu only adds 1.0 psi of boost. What other mods are you going to do to increase the boost? What mods can people do to achieve 15 pounds from a T25? I would have thought that the T25 couldn't produce that much boost.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
bridrive55 said:
He meant BB = Ball bearing. The GTiR came with a ball bearing turbo which was better. I think that's how he interpreted you're BB (I assume you meant Blue Bird SSS).
No it didnt. The GTiR turbo is a thrust bearing turbo not ball bearing.
Nissan Performance Mag says that the T25 on the Bluebird SSS was ball bearing but im sure that the garrett T25 and T25G that was used on the early SR's including all FWD ones was non ball bearing. The ball bearing turbo was not used on the SR until the JDM S14 version.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts