Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 17 inch rims of my friends mazda mx-6, the tires curently on them are 215-40-17. Tirerack recomends 215-50-17, if i keep my very-low profile tires on will this negativly affect anything other then the speedo and odmeter. Will i be setting ymself up for def. ruining my rims with so little rubber? Will my turning raduis be affected? I'd also like to throw out that i live in boston mass, construction and pothole capital of the east.

·
Registered
783 Posts
roach said:
i have 17 inch rims of my friends mazda mx-6, the tires curently on them are 215-40-17. Tirerack recomends 215-50-17, if i keep my very-low profile tires on will this negativly affect anything other then the speedo and odmeter. Will i be setting ymself up for def. ruining my rims with so little rubber? Will my turning raduis be affected? I'd also like to throw out that i live in boston mass, construction and pothole capital of the east.
Speedo and odo will be significantly off. The effectively overall shorter gearing may be an issue as well, if that matters to you-- that'll hurt fuel economy as well-- maybe?

Yes, the lower profile tires will have significantly reduced protection from potholes and road hazards of that nature as well. I wouldn't go with those tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts