Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a 2005 King Cab LE 4x2, having traded in my Ranger Edge. I would have liked to have the Crew Cab seating, but I use the truck on my ranch and really need at least a 6' bed. I bought the Nissan for 2 reasons-- 1) I wanted side-curtain airbags, and 2) I own a 2002 Pathfinder and am in love with the VQ engine.

Power: Are you kidding? After flogging that Ranger 3.0, I feel like I'm driving a AA fuel dragster! I don't tow anything other than a motorcycle trailer with this truck, but for my driving style it has more than adequate torque and a very smooth power delivery. A+

Driveability: I'm a little disappointed in the low-speed steering effort--it's really heavy. At speed the steering effort is just fine, but in parking lots and on pasture roads it takes a little muscle to maneuver. Highway driving is great in the SE--if I don't watch my speed I'll look down and see that I'm cruising at 80-90. Smooth as silk. B+

Utility--I use this truck for hauling stuff around the ranch, and the Utili-track system is great. I like the spray-in bed liner and rail caps. Storage room inside the King Cab is just adequate, but I really like all the storage compartments and cup holders. A

Accessories: I'm not an audiophile, so the stock radio/single CD works for me, and I like the fact that it is placed high on the dash and is easy to see and operate. A/C and heater controls are simple and easy to use, as are the cruise control buttons. Windshield wiper controls took a bit of getting used to. A-

Service: I do all of my own maintenance, so I crawled under the truck to check out accessibility. I was pleased to see the undercab design--everything was tucked up into the frame rails, leaving no parts hanging down. That clearance is important when you're driving in pastures. The oil drain plug is easy to reach, but the filter is a little tougher--you have to remove a small cover plate to access it. It is located right on the front of the engine, though, and is easy to reach from below. Under the hood, all of the service items (fluids, battery, etc) are very accessible. I'm not wild about the dipstick placement, as it is low and hard to see. B-

Mileage: On the first couple of tanks I'm getting about the same as I did in my Pathfinder, which is very close to the 15/20 EPA estimate. I am using 87 octane now and am experiencing no problems. B+

Quality: Initial impressions have been very good, and I have found zero defects. I hope that it is as reliable as my Pathfinder, which is three years old and has NEVER been back to the dealership. A+

I have added a Frontier page to my web site and have included pics of the truck and any mods that I make. Check it out at the link in my sig.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice Personal View..
I am glad you moved your Mazda/Ford on to this NISSAN. I do hope the Quality is consistant with the 05..
I myself have the 03 CC Long Bed with the 3.3 and love it. I did need more pwr for the way I to drive and use it for hauling Dirt/Fill and crawling along the Brazos... So I added the NISMO intake, Gibson Exhaust and It pepped right up.. Next is the 80mm Throttle body. I may just hit the 240HP mark. Which is where I would like to be before I put on Headers..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spec240sx said:
Nice Personal View..
I am glad you moved your Mazda/Ford on to this NISSAN. I do hope the Quality is consistant with the 05..
I myself have the 03 CC Long Bed with the 3.3 and love it. I did need more pwr for the way I to drive and use it for hauling Dirt/Fill and crawling along the Brazos... So I added the NISMO intake, Gibson Exhaust and It pepped right up.. Next is the 80mm Throttle body. I may just hit the 240HP mark. Which is where I would like to be before I put on Headers..
You are killing me here with all these goodies! I realized that with a new model there would be a shortage of aftermarket parts/accessories, but it gets depressing to look in all the catalogs and web sites and see absolutely nothing for the 2005. Oh, well--patience....

·
woo-hoo
391 Posts
Reverendbiker said:
You are killing me here with all these goodies! I realized that with a new model there would be a shortage of aftermarket parts/accessories, but it gets depressing to look in all the catalogs and web sites and see absolutely nothing for the 2005. Oh, well--patience....
Yeah but you are already starting off with pretty good base compared to Spec240sx... 265 hp vs. 180 hp stock. Spec240 needs every part available! :loser:

Later,

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Congrats!
I think the '05 is a great looking truck.
Nicely done Website too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts