Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2002 Spec-V and it has been throwing 02 sensor codes and has been running very poorly. And now it will barely run at all. THe codes have been 0132 and 1144. I have replaced the 02 sensor three times now, the latest one is the OEM one from Nissan. I have done the idle air volume learning and the pedal position learning steps. I have replaced the plugs with the NGK OEM plugs also. It will barely idle unless i step on the pedal to rev the engine, if i keep it at a certain RPM it will eventually drop in RPM's, it seems to be running way to rich and then lean itself out, it will continually do this and has been getting worse and worse. I am thinking that maybe the MAF is going bad, or the ECU, but it won't throw any other codes. I do not have a local Nissan dealership and no one in my town works on Nissan, can any one please give me some help on this problem????
Oh yeah, everything is stock, no aftermarket gear on it.
Thanks in advance!!!

Struckman

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Might want to take it to the dealer and have the recalls done, have them check the pre-cat on the header and the exhaust manifold gaskets as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be possible to get to the pre-cat and clean it up before it toast the engine if it hasnt already, i would love to just take it to the dealership, but the closest one is 150 miles away, i just dont think the Spec would make it that far.

Struckman

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
struckman said:
Would it be possible to get to the pre-cat and clean it up before it toast the engine if it hasnt already, i would love to just take it to the dealership, but the closest one is 150 miles away, i just dont think the Spec would make it that far.

Struckman
is it under warranty? service plan? make 'em come out and pick it up. don't let THE MAN keep ya down!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, we tore into the exhaust, and it appears that the cat is all plugged up, we cleaned it up some, and now it is running much better, you can tell it is still pretty restrictive though, so i guess i better get an aftermarket exhaust on it. Does any one know of any reputable place to buy exhaust parts on-line, any one on ebay, for decent prices.

Struckman

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
fer fucksakes. IS YOUR CAR UNDER WARRANTY?! if it is, don't be messing with it. take it to the dealer have the recalls done, and make them fix it. any problems you have now are gonna be YOUR problem, 'cause no dealer's gonna fix something you've been messing with. they'll just blame you for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it is not under warranty, and instead of towing it 150 Miles to have the dealer say it needs a new exhaust and wanting to charge me 750 bucks for one, i will buy an aftermarket one. And i guess it is not the cat that is plugged, it seems to be in the resonator or the muffler or something in the down pipe. I tore it apart because i want to learn about my own car, and how to fix it.

Struckman

·