Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
looking good. i cant wait to see some pics of the burn outs!

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah with your setup LSD is the only way to go. Phantom Grip?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey I still got the AWD Trans that came with the Ca18det, it looks like a lot of the parts are interchangable with my Pulsar trans (cept the AWD part) - wonder if the FWD section of it is limited slip...

·
Registered
734 Posts
might be. worth a look. check the casting number.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Engine looks like a TIGHT fit. I want to end up doing an engine swap inmy Sentra. I want to do a straight swap with no BS conversions. A little more power would be nice, but not a whole lot. Any suggestions for doing it on the cheap would be good. Gonna start Inch or a little more. Not trying to snag yer thread man, jus thopefully add to it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Define cheap heh...

If you want cheap go for a stock ca18de or ca18det.

Go to oem-surplus.com and snag you a ca18det wiring harness, get the engine and body. I can give you my notes on wiring it in.

Like I said leave it stock if your going cheap. Don't cut corners on cost if your going to try to increase it's power.

Mine is going to be a daily driver so only the intake and exhaust are different than factory.

I'm having a problem getting it running though, I tested compression yesterday and it all above 107 psi. But it seems I'm only getting gas on cylinder #1, after cranking it for about 20 seconds i could tell with a flashlight that the pistons were solid dry. And only a mist of gas was coming from cylinder 1 as it cranked. I'm going to check with a fuel pressure guage today to see if the fuel pump is putting out enough psi. Any clue which fuel is in the input and output on the ca18det? Would this matter if they were backwards?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just a quick update. My time has been short to work on the car lately and I'm having a few engine issues hopefully the mechanic can get figured out because I'm just not getting it right...

Here is a couple of pics of me trying out the fit of some parts on the car - specifically the ground effects and front facia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
let me ask you, the bumpers and fenders and hood just bolt on? i want to know cuz i have a sentra coupe that needs a new engine and if i dont sell my turbo b12 the ill have to ask for your permission to copy your project in a later time. mines a 2 door though. will it still work? the car is amazing. you can send me a pm if you dont want anyone else to know. or if you perfer.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ya, it's all bolt on. Technically you don't have to change the hood/cowl, but if you want that wider indention on the hood you have to change both the hood and the cowl. You also have to change the brackets that the parklights and headlights bolt onto.

The big thing for me though was the black fender trim on the coupe has holes thru the fender to hold it on. I welded metal to the back of the fender and filled it with body filler and cut the part of it off of the plastic to leave just the fender lip plastic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
oh i see, this project is so intresting because its different. look out for my next project people. next stop sports coupe front on my b12.thanx for the info

·
Registered
117 Posts
up dates please. im dying to see this car done. i ordered those fenders radiator support and lights and i need to know where you got the front bumper from cuz the usdm bumper is different and yours looks nicer. let me know and i promise ill let you take your car out before i start my front conversion. i started my car back up so now i will not be selling it. i will make it into a street beast.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here's the deal with the bumpers. I got mine from sunnyca18de that posts on these forums, well from him and another guy in Dresden Germany. The thing is you ONLY need the bottom half of the front bumper - sunnyca18de has one of these. It bolts onto the coupes regular front bumper. As for the ground effects and the rear pieces from the rear bumper you'll have to get those from overseas. Expect to pay several hundred in shipping - I had the whole bumpers shipped and it costed TONS. But just getting the bottom half of the bumper and the ground effects shouldn't cost more than 500 I would think. Go with Fedex, get an account and ask for "great rates" and they'll cut the price by like 1/3rd. UPS will not pick up from a residence.

As for updates, I'm continuing to prep for paint. Actually, I got so sick of sanding the 4 layers of paint from the front bumper that I hired a guy to do it! Probably will be taking it to the paint shop sometime next week. Just wait till you see the rear wing I bought this for thing - it's really sets off the back end.

On a side note I tested out the ca18det in it the other day and I gotta say, WOW! Pinned me to the seat...I am amazed at the power in this little car.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Labor of love!!!!:) You need a scoop for that intercooler unless you are going front mount. Dont forget to post some finish pics and numbers(if you get it to dyno).

21 - 40 of 59 Posts