1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the wifes 90 B12 4 door...

Exterior:

#1 Going to put the front clip and mirrors from a hatchback coupe on it

#2 Getting the European bumpers and side skirts from a Sunny B12 Coupe (luckily I got friends in Poland...)

#3 Getting a Sunny Saloon or bluebird wing

#4 Painting it that new Bronze color you see on Dodge Daytona trucks

Engine:

I just purchased a Ca18De pulsar so I'm going to use all it's parts to allow me to transplant a CA18DET into my sentra...as well as upgrading the sway bars.

Interior:Hopefully going to try and find matching color Coupe seats, trunk/fuel door popper/electric mirrors - and I've already done the tach cluster...

·
Registered
734 Posts
sounds good, nice to see you found a pulsar nx se
get ya sone polyurathane bushings for your swaybars like i have.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay, I got on car-parts.com which is some database hooked to dozens of junkyards and found a sentra SE 1.8 that was about 3.5 hours away...got it for $600 dollars and it's in great shape...

My plans are to actually put my old sentra motor/trans in the Pulsar, paint it and resell it for mucho profit...

Also, found a guy here that has like ten 300 ZX's and several dozen saturns in his yard...bought a MAF sensor out of a 300 Z for 40 dollars and got some SE-R badges from a 2005 sentra...

Does anyone know if the strut tower bracer from a 2005 sentra se-r will work in a b12?

Green bean you need paypal...i'll get those bushings off ya soon enuff.

Also, quick question...should I put the cams from the CA18DE in the CA18DET? What difference does it make - does someone know the stats on the cams?

·
Registered
734 Posts
i dont have any bushings to sell, i just have them installed on my b12
look for astreamk1 hes the one with the bushings

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm exhausted but I completed a little bit of work today...

Installed power mirrors from a Pulsar with the bases from a Sentra Coupe, also installed the switch into the dash and wired it all - works perfect...

Installed a Pulsar Steering wheel...

And installed the trunk/gas door popper lever...going to install the cable soon enough and rig it to work with the trunk and gas door...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
brand new seat cushions and more available major discounts from oem-surplus.com, the cushions list for $751 each I got all 4 delivered for $158 ($25 each)

I don't work for them just spreading the good deal info, other parts available get them before they shut down mid Novemeber possibly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my CA18DET yesterday - woo woo! Don't know when I'm gonna tear down the car for the rebuild, but probably soon. Once I do get it installed I need to figure out how to hook up this Z32 maf to the turbo - any clue on piping/mounting anyone?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I had an oil leak about a year before I fixed it...

It's gonna get a nice pressure washing before getting set in my pulsar...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, I love all these little suprises while doing this engine swap...

For instance there is an oil line that goes into the turbo charger - it's perfectly in the way of the engine mount for a B12...

So I had to take out the torches and cut off the steel feed line and then cut a hole and solder it onto the CA18DE oil pan. This also required the switching of the oil pickup and screen from the fuel pump...

So far i've been surprised with having to switch the power steering pump brackets, AC compresser, steering column shaft, clutch pedal assembly, clutch/throw-out bearing, and then this thing with the oil pan.

Where am I on this project - tomorrow the engine will be going into the Sentra - I'll post pics then.

Then comes the hard part of wiring the CA18DE harness into the B12 Chassis - this I could use a little information on - specifically some wiring diagrams...

·
Registered
734 Posts
looking good

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I've already bought all new headlights/taillights park lights etc...

I'm waiting on a dude from this forums friend to send me a set of sunny bumpers/ground effects...

Here's the latest pics...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update on the interior...just got my seats back from the upholstery shop - can you believe the made the coupe seat covers fit on the sport coupe seats as well as recover the back seat for all less than $200?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts