Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I splurged and bought these the other day. Probably the easiest mod I have ever done. They use a Philips bulb and a Belux balast. These are a Stage 2 Hid. They are kind of weird, Sometimes they look white and sometimes they look blue or purple. If I'm just driving down the road anything that reflects light looks purple. Only problem is that the hi beam light in the car stays on since your going from a dual filament bulb to single filament. I had to adjust the housings a bit too so I don't get pulled over for blasting traffic as initially I was hitting semis from a thousand feet away three lanes over and signs above the freeway.

Here is a comparison of my Stage 2 HID's only and then the Stage 2 HID's with the Piaa 910 Driving lights that are H3.

I also have video of them turning on and warming up...like 34 seconds and a little over 5 megs if anyone wants to host so I can post it.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
is it stock housing? if so do u have n-e- beam pattern loss ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More than I care to mention with regards to cost...I did get them for like half off though.

Beam pattern Loss? If you mean do I get really bad beam scatter...well, they just shine a lot wider than regular bulbs. In the comparison shot you can see the beam pattern....it's not as noticeable when your driving...though you can see everything which is nice....wish I would've had them when I hit that squirrell:p

And yes...stock housing...interestingly enough though...the housing is cooler than when I used PIAA bulbs

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
very nice lights.

·
Registered
722 Posts
for real how much did it run you and where did you get them at?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
ouch.. 652.80 ?!

i can sell HID's for less than that.

but still u got them and IM JEALOUS NOW !!

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
SqueezinSE

Yo dogg, email me that video of them turnin on, I love the fact how it's looks like a street light comin on!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you can find 8000kelvin HID kits for less let me know...they were 590 plus tax.

As for the wiring...there is nothing that can be done...like I said, this is a kit that came as it, there was no need to splice into the stock wiring or anything...as a matter of fact if one of them goes out it's not problem to take it out and replace it with a stock bulb.

They are crystal clears with PIAA hyperwhite bulbs....that's the difference between the HID's and the Piaa's.

The fogs are H3 and I've thought about it but I figure since they look yellow compared to the HID's then I'll just keep them as is and use them as regular fog lights rather than driving lights:)

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
High Beam light!

If that light annoys you, just take out the dash and remove the bulb from behing it, Same thing I did with my annoying seat belt light.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts