Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally I turboed my Sentra, just wanted to share some pictures.
I still have lots of things to finish, and the pictures With the turbo connected are still in my camera.

A friend helping with the tranny

Getting my new baby in the car...

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The manifold was home made like everything else. I bought 4 mandrel bent tubes and then cut and soldered everything myself Ill post pictures of the manifold without wrapping.

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looks like a nice setup. What material and thickness did you use?
The manifold was made out of 2mm thick conventional 1.5'' exhaust tubing.
In a next stage im going to get ir made in stainless steel, but for the first version I had to do it this way and I dont have how to weld Stainless at home.

Im actually running only at 5-6 PSI and it pulls great, just having some trouble with the clutch that isnt able to hold the power of the engine. Its a ceramic clutch but something isnt right.
My Setup:
370 Injectors
fuel pump from a CA18DET
Hybrid turbo made out from different turbos, the guy who does the turbo job says its similar tu a T28
Custom manifold
Head ported both intake and exhaust.
Oil cooler out from a ca18det
Stand alone ECU controlling every function of the engine.
NX2000 Brakes
AGX struts and lowerd custom made springs.
Greddy BOV
Wide Band O2 Sensor
Weber FPR

My plan is to give it a little more boost, about a total of 10 - 12 PSI and reach at least 200WHP, I know its posible to do with this engine and Hope my setup is able to reach that objective. The engine is completly stock, no changes at all and it has 30.000 kms never opened at all, Here some years ago Diesel fuel was very cheap so people bought cars with gas engines and swaped the engines for diesels so it was easy to get hold of a new gasoline engine.

Here are some more pictures of the setup.

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clutch

Better view of the manifold

This is what the manifold came out of...

Ported exhaust, cant find the intake pictures

Oil cooler

Thicker radiator

Stand alone ECU, with on board carpc and touch screen so I can adjust whatever I need.

Carpc

LS1

Also listen to Mp3, videos, internet, GPS, etc..

7mm bigger

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
What happened with your old turbo set-up, the E series engine? This one is ten times better and probably makes more power.

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What happened with your old turbo set-up, the E series engine? This one is ten times better and probably makes more power.
The E16s was disasembled and left stock again. My mother uses that car now and the engine runs perfectly.
No doubt its a strong little engine, but the GA is much better. Another thing that was wrong on the other setup was the transmision, it was an automatic and you loose a lot of power with those trannys.

· Registered
6 Posts
nice work mate , im from england and no 1 does anything with the ga16 enjine, well done the installation looks amazing andwell executed, 1 question did you open up the enjine to lower the compression or is it standard ? i hahe made a manifold ready to turbo my car, thanks for giving me the inspiration to carry on, well done again

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The engine is completely standard, just head ported and manifolds. CR is like any other GA

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
thanks for that, everybody i speak to says differently but you oviously know what your on about so im going to carry on with my own conversion, just hope it looks half as good as yours, by the way what bhp are u getting?
Anyone who says the stock bottom end needs to be built in order to turbo your car is flat out wrong. Plenty of stock bottom end GA16DE turbo setups making in excess of 250 wheel horsepower....

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car has been on the street for about a week, Im tuning things up so I didnt take the car to a Dyno yet.

· Registered
44 Posts
Hey dburone nice project

I have a couple of questions:

How hard is it to make the megasquirt 2 and are you using a pcb V3.56 or the V3?

Did you hook up the vtc if so how or would it be posible (or doesn`t your engine have this)?

And finaly is that a homemade pc you alterd to go in the car, and then you hooked it up to an lsd screen?

Thanks Phil

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey dburone nice project

I have a couple of questions:

How hard is it to make the megasquirt 2 and are you using a pcb V3.56 or the V3?

Did you hook up the vtc if so how or would it be posible (or doesn`t your engine have this)?

And finaly is that a homemade pc you alterd to go in the car, and then you hooked it up to an lsd screen?

Thanks Phil

I used MS1 with the Extra Code and PCB V3. It takes some time to make it all work. Actually I have the stock ecu and MS working together.
I did not hook the VTC, but some people have, look it up in the MS Forums.
The PC is a common house PC with everything onboard a home made enclousure made out of fiberglass.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.