Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to turn my 94 nissan sentra into a high performance racer. i was thinking about boring and stroking my engine, but i don't know if this is the best place to start. it needs alot of work done to the front end, so should i start there? i'm at a loss. hope someone can help me.
-confused

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
JaxGa said:
i'm looking to turn my 94 nissan sentra into a high performance racer. i was thinking about boring and stroking my engine, but i don't know if this is the best place to start. it needs alot of work done to the front end, so should i start there? i'm at a loss. hope someone can help me.
-confused
All i have ti say is good luck. If you have the GA16 then you cant bore it. As far as performance goes it would be much better to go turbo cause all motor will cost way to much and wont yeild as good of results as a turbo will. I hope you have pretty deep pockets man because you'll soon find out that working on cars is not cheap. :thumbup:

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
also you may want to consider an sr20 swap as well.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yea with a lot of work i think that the 300 hp mark was recently broken, why not start off with a base hp of 205 with a sr20, work your way up from there

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Slacky said:
yea with a lot of work i think that the 300 hp mark was recently broken, why not start off with a base hp of 205 with a sr20, work your way up from there
im pretty sure that the Sr20 doesnt have a base hp of 205, that is unless your talking about DET.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
why can't you bore the ga16? and trust me, i know about cost. i'm thinking around 10 grand, if i'm lucky. ok, for the sr20, should i swap the tranny as well? if so, what do you recommend.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
you can bore the ga16, I believe that wes did to his, and his has 250HP, the highest that I think anyone has ever seen on the 1.6 (anybody know of any higher?)

I'm not sure what all you're wanna swap with the sr20 if you do that, the det would be better if your wanting max power, about 10 grand should be able to get you a high powered engine, either swapping out, or boring turbo and going nutz on the ga16

·
Registered
315 Posts
JaxGa said:
why can't you bore the ga16? and trust me, i know about cost. i'm thinking around 10 grand, if i'm lucky. ok, for the sr20, should i swap the tranny as well? if so, what do you recommend.
Consider an SR20VE. Go to sr20forums.com and read about it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts