Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the last 2 pieces of intake on my 90 b12 but didn't notice much difference in power or sound. While fooling around some more I noticed that there is another piece of of the intake screwed onto the inside of the blue cover. I removed that and took away the rest of the intake leaving me with just the blue cover and stock filter. I noticed more power in the higher rpm's and my car has a deeper tone to it now. I am trying to find a good K&N filter to fit the car well as they don't make one for the 90 sentra. You might wanna try removing all of the intake instead of just the last bit like you have done sentrastud and see how much of a difference it makes.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
WOW! That helped alot! The removal went well except for getting the pipe off of its bracket. I ended up using cutting pliers to snip the bolts and pull the pipe off. In the process I bent the hell out of the bracket. Oh well, that pipe is never going back on!

Basically, the car revs strong all the way to the redline much faster, It must have shaved like a second or 2 on my 0-65km/h (the first gear shift).

At places where i could only chirp my tires before, i can squeal for like 2 or 3 seconds no prob!

thanx for pointing that out!

-Nick

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You say your first shift is at 65km/h, isn't that around 35mph? I thought that the car redlined at 30mph. All I know is that in the manual nissan states that you shouldn't drive in each gear above 30, 50 and 80 mph respectively for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Since I don't have a tach I don't know where the car actually redlines. Is it act these speeds or is nissan being a bit conservative here.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Those speeds sound about right. In second gear at 5700RPMs I'm at around 50mph.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I think it is 6000 also, but I could be wrong

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Keep in mind that I have the 3 speed automatic. My Gear ratios are the a bit different than yours. The Sentra Hits the limiter at 70 km/h in First, 120 km/h in 2nd and it wont pull hard enough to make it to the limiter in 3rd.

I alsways though it was 6200. I have no tach though so i have no clue.

-Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts