Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After changing the turbo in my girlfirend's B12, I decided to let the car chill for about 2 weeks. So tonight, after removing the intercooler and draining the oil dumped in it by the tired T25, I also decided to clean out my oily BOV as well. Anyway, after reassembly I decided to take the car out and put some air into one of it's tires that were kind of low. Since the turbo is new and it has only a downpipe this car sounds like a sherman tank and attracts little riceboys. First victim, a blue civic hatchback with exhaust, black wheels and pretty lights decided to take the bait. As I turned onto the main street (Miami Gardens Drive) he decided to follow and flew past revving his engine. So I hit the gas looking for instant response and got a handful of lag to 3500rpm and then the tires begin screaming. 2nd gear prove to be too nasty for the civic and he got smoked quickly. So bad in fact that he bust a U turn and went the other way. 2nd victim was one of our own "Mr. Spec V" with exhaust and looking really sweet. The Kid looks over at me, throws me a peace sign and then look forward as if to suggest he wants to give it a swing. You can actually here the turbo whining like a supercharger and I know he heard it too, but I guess he didn't care. Since we were already in 2nd gear, I kinda knew I would make quick work of him. He takes off smoothly, I take off noisily and laggy until the boost hit and I swear to god my womans car warped right past him effortlessly and when I looked down, I was already doing 115mph and I just was doing 50. He flicked his high beams at me and I headed home to park the noisy whip. This weekend it's cams, new timing belt and seals, MSD and installation of new Phantom Grip diff set up. Tomorrow it's off to the exhaust shop to install 3 inch exhaust, silencer muffler (Flow master) and the new blitz NUR spec muffler.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man, it actually runs like I spent plenty of bread on it? I took it to the exhaust shop today and got a crack-head deal on some exhaust work. $280.00 for a magna flo 3 inch muffler before the Blitz NUR spec muffler, 3 inch flex piece and full 3 inch piping. The car is a bit laggy, but these engines don't produce a whole lot of power under 3000 rpm anyway. Went to the local race shop to show off the Lexus spanker and we're all interested to see how the little b12 acts with 25 pounds of boost. Unfortunately for me, I destroyed a tire:D trying to show off and I'm really sad because they were my friend's with 200sx SE-R w/SR20DET that I installed for him 2 years ago and he still owes me (Punk). Needless to say, the car is very aggressive after 3000rpm and does not stop pulling. Time to install the coilovers as well as paint it so that I can give her the car back and get through with my own B12 treat.

·
Registered
672 Posts
sweet dude. what kind of engine management you got going on? sounds like something id like to do.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an SDS (Simple Digital System) www.sdsefi.com and it has been sweet as well as being a great tool for learning. Money well spent!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts