Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1.6 ga16de b13 nissan sentra. chilton says i have a 13.2 gallon tank, but i can never put more than 10.2 gallons.

is chilton wrong? or is there something wrong with my car?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
gas guage is probebly off for your benifet, u may think your car is low but u still have like 2 galons left taht way when u think your "pushin it" , you really can go like 60 more miles just in case so i would consider it a good thing

·
Registered
199 Posts
slacky's probably right. 13.2 gal to fill the whole tank, and the floater for the gauge cant usually measure a truely empty tank, it stops at a certain point (at least to my knowledge).

if you were to drain the tank and then fill up, you'd probably get 13gal no prob (dont recommend doing this though).

·
Registered
851 Posts
i only ran outta gas once, and my gas auge was just barely below the E line. what owned me was the fact that ive gone faaaaarrrr below that with no problem. i guess it was just that one tank of gas that.....idk...i just dont know :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
13 gallons is correct, i ran my 91 SE-R dry one time and i took 12.5gal after i walked back w/a gas can--- and that will generally go farther thatn youll push it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts