Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a 16 year old kid without a license. My parents gave me the Nissan Sentra we've been having since '93. A blue '93 Sentra XE. This car has been through hell and back. Up until it was given to me, it was really put to the test. It has been in about 3 accidents, 1 major and the other 2 minor. We recently replaced the engine with the same exact model, a B13. The engine we had in prior to the swap was real f*cked up. There were problems with the GASKETS and the car would overheat after only about a mile of driving. After the swap, the car ran great. I fergot to mention that befor we got the engine swapped, we got a new coat of blue paint and a pioneer deck in the car. I recently put on some 16's that I purchased from Big-O-Tires. You'd think they'd be ugly and cheap, but for the price we paid, they look great. We paid about $800 with the tires and installation. But this is when the problems started again. You wont believe what I had to go through:

1) After having the new rims and tires installed, my friend and I picked up some girls and headed to the mall. We soon got tired of that mall and decided to head to a different mall. On the way to the mall it sounded as if the FRONT LEFT rim was hitting the ground harder than it should be. I asked my friend if it could be a flat, but he said it was because they were "low profile" tires. I made him pull over and wouldn't you know it, we had a flat. We put the spare on and headed to the nearest gas station. After filling it up we noticed that there were BUMPS all over the sidewall of the tire. (and this was on the FIRST day of having my new rims and tires installed) The next day I brought in the flat tire and they told me to come back the next day. The man at Big-O-Tires told me there was a LEAK the size of a PINHOLE inside of the RIM! Can you believe that? It wasn't the tire, but the rim. He said it was a rare defect. So he ordered a new rim and tire (free of charge).

2) Now these rims come with those tuner style lug nuts. They came with a special tool that is used to remove the lug nuts. The only way anyone could steal those rims was to steal that tool. I LOST THE TOOL! I searched and searched EVERYWHERE. All over the house and my car. I couldn't find it anywhere. So I gave up and headed to Big-O-Tires hoping that they would have a spare tool. When i got there they had my new rim and tire, but NO TOOL. The guy working there couldn't find it. I was about to go crazy at this point. So I just told him to give me the new tire and rim and I'd put it on myself if i could find the tool at home. When I got home, I STILL couldn't find it. So the next day i returned at the guy that originally helped me gave me the tool...FINALLY! I went home and put on the tire.

3) After all of that bullshit, my car is NOW out of allignment. Because i was rolling around on a tire that was smaller than the other three 16 inch rims. I'll be getting it fixed soon.

I love this car. It's my first car and its already started to look good. I ordered a universal muffler from www.speedpeople.com, it was on sale for 90 bucks. It came in today so i should be installing it this weekend. Im want to lower it after that. I'll be posting pics soon. Im out...

-blue sentra

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
congrats on the new ride, but why do you want to get an exhaust? Just save your money for serious mods, like say a motor swap. Anywho, i don't know what lugs your talking about, but sometimes a ratchet extension will fit inside of them easily. If they are the ones with a star or hex shaped hole, you can use a pair of plyers in a desperate situation. Its worked for me.

Oh, and some advice now that your buying aftermarket parts. "You get what you pay for" and "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" You may ignore those two little sayings, but you will look back on it later, and say, "Oh yeaaaaah...... whoops."

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
ok start doing your research... read this:

http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage/

Get that alginment checked out, if it was in a major accident it could be way outta spec.

Read everything you can here. ask some questions and dont forget to use the search button. And also get out Nissan Performance Magazine and drool over Project 200sx 1.6. :)

Remmeber do it right the first time and you'll save $ in the long run!

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
a 93 XE huh? well thats exactly what i have, a dark blue 4dr auto with "limited edition" decals on the front doors. My biggest gripe is the entire front clip of the car is 1992. yep, 92. the car's first owner got into a telephone pole withen a year of owning the car. the autobody guy installed the 92 front from the wheel wells, forward. if you don't know, 93 was the first year for plastic headlights, as well as a different grill design. 91-92 have the glass headlights which are mosture prone and yellowing is very common. so now my front end looks like shit because its sandblasted from highway miles, i have over 140K on this car, origonal engine. the headlights are yellowed and sand blasted to hell. not to mention i do get moistrue in them. this whole front end fiasco was a major problem when i tried to find replacements. then after digging though the headlight confusion, i saw the price. can't afford to buy replacements right now. other problems i have is my gas mileage is low, my fuel injector is clicking loudly, my brake pedal gets mushy sometimes, and my gearshift(this is a new one) gets mushy-stiff and won't move into gear properly. one time it wouln't even upshift during normal driving! and its an auto! i seriously need to get that tranny fixed, but i'm broke. thats why i havn't gotten to those injectors either, which may be linked to my fuel mileage, i hope. i just changed my o2 sensor, but it hasn't done squat for me yet. my car is all stock cept for some American Racing Estrellas. 14", i didn't want to wait for the backorderd 15s. anyway i thnk they look good, specially wiht the kind of tire i have. looks like an old school race car tire. they are Continental interceptors. they slip a bit when pushed in the rain though. well enough of my 2 cents for now, i think it was more like 2 dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts