Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at school I was in my auto tech class and I needed some air in my tires so I went to go get my car to pull it around to the garage and my car wouldnt start. I didnt think it was my battery(it was new) becuase when I turn the key my radio came on, but i tried to jump it anyways and no luck. So i went to go tell my auto tech teacher and we went to go look at it. He siad the battery was excellent and it was getting spark and he said that it sounded as if the fuel wasn't being delivered to the engine and that it could be my filter filter. Luckily some kid i parked to had some starting fluid that he offerd to me and i got it running right when school let out. After all that it starts up but it sounds like it has trouble starting. Can someone help me with this? or has anyone had this problem? I was thinking it was the fuel pump but if it was the fuel pump i dont think it would have started. My teacher also said that if i take out my filter and blow in it and if u have to blow hard to make stuff come out or air to go through the filter that its clonged or bad.

·
hYpNoTiC
370 Posts
same problem with mines man, it turned out to me the fuel pump the first time and then the second time one of the wires from the fuel pump became loose and thats another reason it wouldn't start I get a crank but the car wouldn't start I HOPE THAT HELPED!!!

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH

Did u put in an aftermarket performance fuel pump or an oem? I was thinking of going ahead and doing the fuel filter since its real cheap and easy to fix. I was also thinking of going with an after bosch fuel filter from nopi.com, even tho for some reason that site doesn't seem that great and the pump is like a lil over $8.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts