Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would have put this in the readers rides section, but im looking specifically the opinion of us B-12ers...let me know what you think.

follow the link in my sig :D

THANX!!

J

·
0 Posts
Nice little car. Looks like my '89 SE except mine is all black. I like those wheels. Did they come with the car or are they off something else?

How did the engine rebuild work out?

I was wondering why the car was sitting so high off the ground, then I saw the pic that shows the jack stands in the rear. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha! yea i was inspecting the rear brakes to track down what i think is a bad rear wheel bearing.

The rims are stock, the Sentra is SE trim level which came with 14" Alloys

the engine rebuild went extremely well, Nissan knows how to put together a car. the whole thing dissassembled like it was a week old. not even one broken bolt (save for the heat damaged bolts that held the heat shield on the manifold, we torched those and retapped the manifold to hold the shield)

due to some technical difficulties,( what i thought was a bad head, was ALSO broken compression rings) i can now have a E16I Head off in about 45 minutes no joke. i had to take the head off 3 times.

we origionally thought it was a bad head gasket, then we replaced that and put it together, and it ran (like hell) for about 30 mins and quit, we had no compression, we replaced the head. still no compression took the head back off, and the oil pan and pushed the pistons out the top and replaced the rings, rod and main bearings.

I Expect my sentra to outlast any car out there, for as old as it is anyway. This engine is nearly bulletproof.

ThanX for the positive comments.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
those engine are so novice frendly... an easy repairable !!... they just cannot be destroyed !! :)....

Nice car !! :)... love that color !! :)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I tried to destroy my engine and it wouldn't die, so I traded the motor for a CA18DE and it's components and a few more of my dollars..........

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wouldnt know about novice friendly...:p been on cars my whole life
the odometer is at 114,000

as you can tell from the photo, the drivers door is messed up because the previous owner hit somthing, did a shoddy bondo job then painted it the wrong color...dumass...

then thier are 3 quarter size surface rust spots on the pass. door

and thier is a bit of rust under the drivers door.

ill make sure my doggie gets the message...lol

ThanX again.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
You really have to watch for the rust on these cars. I live in an area where there is snow and salt on the ground for 4 months of the year. These damn cars melt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts