Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has been idleing at 2000 rpm for about a week now i have no clue what it is ive checked my vac lines but there all fine has anyone had this problem. please help!. gas is expensive and i cant afford to lose a quarter tank every time i stop at a stop light.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
trmn8r said:
my car has been idleing at 2000 rpm for about a week now i have no clue what it is ive checked my vac lines but there all fine has anyone had this problem. please help!. gas is expensive and i cant afford to lose a quarter tank every time i stop at a stop light.
Don't you have SR20?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i tried reseting the ecu and it still does the 2000 idle. yes i do have an sr20det and which sensor are u refering to?.

·
Registered
189 Posts
IM not totally sure because I havnt gotten my sr20det installed yet but does it have a IAC or IAF Idle Air sensor of some sort that tells the car where to idle. If its on the fritz or is clogged it can cause the idle to stick open more.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
The sensor should be located on the throttle body, I think. I'd ask in the SR20DET section. That's why I asked if you had SR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts