Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tire blew-out, so I decided it was time to upgrade. I got 15" Rota Grids in royal silver and 205-55-R15 Falken Ziex. The prior owner put on some crappy Kelly tires - there's a huge difference in handling and stability. Also, it's much beter in the rain.

Before and after pics taken with my camera phone:

Old vs. new:

Almost there:

Finished:

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
nice, but now it needs a drop.
edit: are those the ROTA te-37 knockoffs?

·
Registered
851 Posts
15" ROTA Grids.....

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Always a good move to start by upgrading the rims, looks better definitely. I'd say a suspension change might be your next move. Keep it up! :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I got hypercos sitting in the garage, just need to get some money together for shortened konis. I forgot to mention that the wheel and tire together, weigh about 5 lb. more than the old setup - so, 20 lb. more total. Not a bad trade-off for greatly improved performance.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Nice transformation :thumbup: Just curious, why did you go with such a tall tire?

I will have my custom Koni shortened struts for sale pretty soon. Let me know if you might be interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnand said:
Nice transformation :thumbup: Just curious, why did you go with such a tall tire?

I will have my custom Koni shortened struts for sale pretty soon. Let me know if you might be interested.
I was wrong, it is 50 not 55.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
WOW I like 'em a lot ... that machined finish looks awesome... how much did you pay for the rims+tires package ? You need the center cap to cover that wheel nut... I got the same kind of tires... those are good tires wet or dry you'll love them.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
i see grids cheap on ebay all the time... they always come up when i search te37 lol.

still love the wheels, good looking b13!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
johnand said:

why would he want any bigger tire? It already RAISED the car in the 1st place. If you mean "wheel" I think the 15"s look really good on it. Also remember, the more wheel, the more weight.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Love that color. And I'm in agreement with all of the rest. LOWER IT!! But do it the right way, don't go cheap on the suspension. Do a little research here and you'll find the perfect suspension combo.

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
xbrandonx said:
why would he want any bigger tire? It already RAISED the car in the 1st place. If you mean "wheel" I think the 15"s look really good on it. Also remember, the more wheel, the more weight.
No, you missed my point. He posted that the tires are 205/55-15. That is quite a bit taller in diameter then the factory tire/wheel combo. But, he just posted that they are 205/50-15, so all is well. The 205/50-15, is only slightly larger in diameter overall then the factory wheels and tires. A 195/50-15, is the closest overall diameter to the factory combo. I totally agree with only going to 15" wheels, as anything bigger, is just too damn heavy and doesn't really enhance handling anymore then a 15" wheel. Hence the reason I run 12# Rota Subzero's in a 15x6.5", with 205/50-15 tires on my B13 :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts