Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Looks good but needs to be lowered BADLY!!!

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
your car leak a little oil too? :D
mines much worse it looks like my driveway puked on it's self:mad:

but yeah the rims look sweet how much they set you back?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually my car doesn't leak at all.. its my brother's eclipse that is puking all over the drive way :).. wheels were $375 and $37/tire from tirerack.. I'm not to sure about lowering the car. I kinda like stock hieght..

J

·
0 Posts
Nice wheels. I'd like to have something like that on mine. I agree with the other posters though on the ride height. It needs to be a bit lower.

If I were you and if I had the money to do this, I'd do the following:

* Lower the ride by at least 1.5"
* if I couldn't get rear disk brakes, at least paint the rear drums black with hi-temp caliper paint
* get a paint job, black or midnight blue or some other darker color
* get tinted windows
* get larger front rotors

But I'm not you and I don't have the money to do that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm definatly planing on painting the rear brakes :).. instead of the good old rust color heheheh

so I got questions...

How will lowering the car affect ride comfort?

How much would a paint job cost? I think I will stick w/ red since everyone knows me by the red nissan :)..

What do I need to do a rear drum -> disc conversion, estimated cost?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just a list of things I want to do on my b12:

1. paint rear brake drum
2. paint front brake caliper
3. deep clean interior
4. get a radio, amp, cap, front and rear speakers
5. install sound dampening material
6. fix front bumper, headlight
7. clean engine bay
8. optima redtop battery
9. paint job

not all in that order..

J

·
0 Posts
Well, I've never had a car repainted, but here is a comparison I found at epinions.com:

http://www.epinions.com/content_1623498884 Doesn't look too bad.

I don't know how much the rear drum to disk conversion would cost. If someone else has done this, feel free to chime in. I can't imagine we have many options here so I imagine it would cost quite a bit and involve some re-enginering.

As far as lowering, if it's done right it shouldn't affect ride comfort much. If it's not done right, it could mess it up. I had a Saturn SL2 a while back and I had a 2" lowered suspension with stiffer springs and stiffer struts. With the stiffer springs and struts it was definately a harsher ride, but it handled the curves so much better. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't get such a stiff set of springs or struts, but lowering it sure made it look so much better. It would take some research to do it right.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
LoOoD said:
I'm definatly planing on painting the rear brakes :).. instead of the good old rust color heheheh

so I got questions...

How will lowering the car affect ride comfort?

How much would a paint job cost? I think I will stick w/ red since everyone knows me by the red nissan :)..

What do I need to do a rear drum -> disc conversion, estimated cost?
nic epics man! i like the rims alot but ii agree with Ricebox, the car needs to be dropped a bit. if you drop the car, the ride softness will decrease but cornering ability and car stability will increase. So youll kinda sacrifice a bit of comfort.
If you wanna do brakes i recommend a beefier master cylinder (SE-R) . Move your stock front disks to the rear and get SER brakes up front. They should fill up the Rims a bit better.

And while your at the junkyard you may wanna get the GEN II B12 tailights, i personally liek them better. just my 2 cents.

as for paint, get some estimates, pretty well and respectable shop will give you a free estimate.

-Nick

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
yes i would also be interested in moving the fronts to the back

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LoOoD said:
just a list of things I want to do on my b12:

1. paint rear brake drum
2. paint front brake caliper
3. deep clean interior
4. get a radio, amp, cap, front and rear speakers
5. install sound dampening material
6. fix front bumper, headlight
7. clean engine bay
8. optima redtop battery
9. paint job

not all in that order..
3, 4 , 6, 8 ,9 are all done!! :).. and I also added rear and front strut bars. Actually I bought another b12 (1989) and donated my 1987.. I was in a minor accident, thier fault, so the left side painted for free and got the right side painted for $300... last three pictures here is the 89... I'll have better pictures later..

http://gallery.thevboard.com/index.php?album=LoOoD/b12&dispsize=512&start=0

·
Registered
53 Posts
you should get some sportlines and tokicos or similar combo. i just installed them on my 90 and it looks badass i have about an inch of fender gap. i am getting some konig heliums in the spring. ill post some pics sometime soon.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I agree with the tinting...

What kind of audio stuff do you have?

Be prepared to use A LOT of sound dampening.. I've used 36 square feet of Dynamat Xtreme and I still have some rattling. Our cars weren't built for bass..

If you need help with any of the audio stuff let me know I've musta installed 3-4 systems on my car numberous times...

Cars lookin sweet tho, good job man

·
Registered
277 Posts
for the love of god lower that thing!

·
Registered
644 Posts
WMengineering said:
for the love of god lower that thing!
Duuuude(s) I got a set of B12 lowering springs to sell. THey're red.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
nyit240 said:
I'm glad I didn't get those and got these:D

I don't even have to lower it and cost alot less
uh, YEAH YA DO!:D :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts