Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well good things happen with the bad, 1st I figured out that the expert mechanic-of-the year's rod knock diagnosis was complete jackalope shite...the exhaust system is rusted loose and happens to vibrate only at 2800-3000 rpm. Thus the noise eminating from the bottom of the engine. The mechanics explanation was that 3000 was the rpm that gave the engine the most stress. I always thought that was the comfort zone.

Bad news is, the high I have been getting driving the car is not the thrill of Nissan performance, but is in fact carbon monoxide poisoning. When I drive the car too long I feel dizzy like I drank too much jager. A nice safety hazard when I average 4-6 hrs sleep at night.

Also has developed a gas leak that stinks up the interior, can't find the leak. I average 15 mpg. Anyone know a good trick to find a gas leak? I was thinking litmus paper (or something that melts in the presence of gas, or a cig. lighter on a stick)...too cold to experiment yet.

I have been driving to work with my window open. A great way to wake up when it is single digit temperatures outside...

So the cab is cold as frikin all hell in the a.m., and then the sun decides to come out. The greenhouse effect of that cracks my dashboard from the defrost vents down to the glovebox, and the drivers side defrost vents down to the left side vent. First time I've used mf-er words on my new car.

Anyone recommend a handy ronco patch type product?

·
Registered
347 Posts
313ryans said:
Well good things happen with the bad, 1st I figured out that the expert mechanic-of-the year's rod knock diagnosis was complete jackalope shite...the exhaust system is rusted loose and happens to vibrate only at 2800-3000 rpm. Thus the noise eminating from the bottom of the engine. The mechanics explanation was that 3000 was the rpm that gave the engine the most stress. I always thought that was the comfort zone.

Bad news is, the high I have been getting driving the car is not the thrill of Nissan performance, but is in fact carbon monoxide poisoning. When I drive the car too long I feel dizzy like I drank too much jager. A nice safety hazard when I average 4-6 hrs sleep at night.

Also has developed a gas leak that stinks up the interior, can't find the leak. I average 15 mpg. Anyone know a good trick to find a gas leak? I was thinking litmus paper (or something that melts in the presence of gas, or a cig. lighter on a stick)...too cold to experiment yet.

I have been driving to work with my window open. A great way to wake up when it is single digit temperatures outside...

So the cab is cold as frikin all hell in the a.m., and then the sun decides to come out. The greenhouse effect of that cracks my dashboard from the defrost vents down to the glovebox, and the drivers side defrost vents down to the left side vent. First time I've used mf-er words on my new car.

Anyone recommend a handy ronco patch type product?
We get what we pay for. :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, so I paid $500 for it. The economy is still awfull here, it is the best I could do.

Since my t-bird turbo coupe debacle in the early 90's (landed me in bankruptcy, and 1pt away from losing my license) I vowed never to pay more for a car than I would for a guitar. I have been driving dogs that no matter how hard my lead foot can kick them, they just mosey along around the speed limit.

Seeing as how I recently built a custom modulus stratocaster with over $1500 in parts, I have room to work. I like buying cheap and building things the way I want them. The 240sx was a real find...very rare animal in these here parts. It is just too #@$%in cold, and knee deep in snow to get things done.

I have about $2-300 invested in the car already. I have stereo lined up for it, the dealer wanted $1200 for one. Found good exhausts on ebay,And I will take care of that with the next warming trend. Supposed to get up to a balmy 37 sometime this week.

Need snow tires badly too.

I figure that in the next 10-15 years I will be in the middle of my mid-life crisis. By then I should have the thing 300hp turbo-ized, with the all trimmings.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
i could always take that 240 off yer hands i am lookin for it give ya 600 for it and even come pick it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts