Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys as you can see I am new to the club and I have a serious problem that I hope you can help me with. I have recently bought a 1985 200sx turbo. As you may or may not know it has the ca18et engine in it. My problem is it feels like it has no balls whatsoever. It seems to be starving for air or gas or something. The exhaust smells really bad and I don't know what the hell is wrong. Also My car even if I punch it will struggle to even get to 25 mph. It revs and revs but it doesn't move. I changed the spark plugs, fixed the wires because they weren't connected correctly from the distributor. I thought it might have been injectors or a something to do with the fuel. someone said it might be some air mass something that is common to be bad but I don't know. can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the car or what I should do. Should I do a compression test? I have used injector cleaner and nothing. Please, I am really left clueless as to what to do next. I might want to add that the exhaust manifold only has 2 bolts tightened instead of all 4. Could it be that there is a boost leak or something. I know this is long but I really need any advice from anyone.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
393 Posts
have you posted in the b12 forum? there is a guy on there that knows a lot about the ca18s, mostly de, i think... but he has a turbo'd 88... he might be able to help. "boost_boy" is his name

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I didn't know where to go to post so I posted in the general forum for 200sx. thanks for the help

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since I first posted I have done a few things and it has helped a little. First I went out and bought some spark plug wires and put them on. I also replaced the fuel filter and adjusted the timing. These couple of things have helped out considerably. While it still takes a while to get going, it does run a lot better. also one of the hoses to the clutch oil container had air in it or something but my clutch is now working better. I will now check out the cat to make sure its not clogged and maybe a compression test. Are ther any other things that I should check out that I haven't done?
Slowly but surely I will have the car running strong!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts