Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a canister type muffler but im not willing to shell out $250 for a muffler. I am looking in the range of $100 to $175 for a muffler. Maybe a little more if i like the look and can get a confirmed non ricey sound.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
AEROSPEED.. 100 something bux maybe cheaper.. and N1 as well !! damnit chris.. i told u come 2 me . i get u it !

·
Banned
809 Posts
quick tip, add a cherry bomb muffler *pep boys 14.99* behind the muffler, and it will sound deep and smooth, DONT GET LOURED COURE!!!! (louvered) whichever it is, GET PREFORATED CORE!!

DEAR GOD GET PREFORATED CORE!

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
I actually have a polished stainless steel Maxspeed muffler, isnt loud but has a very nice deep tone to it. It was about 200 though. As far as the canister type mufflers go, all the ones I've heard sound ricey as hell. What Im wondering is how different my car will sound with the Hotshot header thats on the way.

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
magnaflow .... can't go wrong .... and dont forget the 2"mandrel bends and a resonator!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now im looking at magnaflow maxspeed and possibly Borla. Does anyone have experience with borla?? I know they are expensive but i love the way the look particularly the XJ-1 muffler. Does anyone have info on this one??

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
hey go to this place in Garden Grove.. called B and M mufflers.. speak with dave.. tell him juan.. the other sentra classic guy sent you.. hell take care of you.. hehe

·
Registered
547 Posts
liuspeed - are you being sarcastic about the Arospeed muffler? I'm thinking of getting the Dual DTM style and wouldn't mind knowing how it sounds. Anyone know where I can find any sounds clips? BTW, it'll be custom bent. And is that cherry bomb thing for real? Does it ACTUALLY help out the tone?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
no im not being sarcastic. i can get Aerospeed Bomb Muffler for you.

G

·
The Borla exhaust is another idea. Mine has a 2 1/4 inlet it sounds as if it has deep tone. Which sounds good in 3rd or 4th gear at about 3500 to 4500rpms.

·
Registered
547 Posts
liuspeed - I don't know if I want the Bomb. Isn't that the tunable one with the silencer? I'm probably gonna go with the Dual DTM style. I just think it'll look sweet. It may be another month til I do my exhaust anyways. I'm just looking for options. How much can you get me an Arospeed muffler for? Just for say.

·
Banned
809 Posts
ewwwwww i hate the DTM style.. with the square upslided tips?.. YUK, and want to talk about sound.. i heard it on a accord, and EWWw, i've heard farts come out better sounding than that muffler

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
aerospeed bomb muffler i can get around probably 100-200 bux.

really depends on the style.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
i have a 3A racing, $99+tax at peb boys 100% SS

·
Registered
547 Posts
niss200 - I hate the square ones just as much as anyone else I know. I'm talking about the Dual 3" round tips. Like Xtreme has. Hey Xtreme, got any sound clips? I like that. I dunno, I'm gonna look around some more for sure. Also Xtreme, is it decent quality? I mean you said 100% SS, which is good, but doesn't really tell me much about the muffler. Thanks for any answers. Oh, and Liuspeed, I don't want to spend anymore than like 100 on a muffler. I'll probably search eBay or something. And another thing, I'm getting 2" mandrel bends from somewhere online, does the inlet size HAVE to be 2" also? I mean I'm sure I could rig something up to fit a 2 1/2" inlet, but how difficult would that ACTUALLY be?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
sound clip of DragunFire :

DRAGUNFIRE SOUND CLIP

this is with silencer on..

and this is what all DragunFire Mufflers Feature:

Straight Through Design
Seamless Welds
Full T304 Stainless Steel Construction
Superior Sound Quality
Universal Fit