Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make a performance muffler for the b12...does flowmaster? i heard those were good...is there some kind of universal muffler to buy? will putting on a new muffler do much for my b12? i got no clue please let me know if you have any suggestions thanks

p.s. does anyone else wish they made more parts for the b12?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
polishhotdawg said:

p.s. does anyone else wish they made more parts for the b12?
well....DUH!!!! :rolleyes:

A muffler alone won't make much of a difference. A muffler and a 2" mandrel bend pipe will probably give a few horses but don't expect much. Almost any generic muffler will fit but it will need to have some hangers welded on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got some custom made one, it's not all fancy and stuff but it has a 3" tip and since u don't see the muffler (much) it looks kinda good, i'm happy best of all it only cost like 125$ cnd and u got all the pipe and upped to 2" and the muffler

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
i agree. i went with a mozart with 3 in tip and some how got talked into 3.25 pipe. it sounds okay but i have alot of backpressure( can u say pop, pop, pop..lol) and i have the xenon kit hiding everything . other than the iritating noise as i come off of the gas im cool

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
AVERAGE said:
i agree. i went with a mozart with 3 in tip and some how got talked into 3.25 pipe. it sounds okay but i have alot of backpressure( can u say pop, pop, pop..lol) and i have the xenon kit hiding everything . other than the iritating noise as i come off of the gas im cool
The biggest pipe that should be used with a 1.6L engine is 2". That is a HUGE pipe!! :eek:

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
sentrastud said:
...unless your packing a turbo, supercharger, or NOS. Pretty hard to get a pipe that is too big with those goodies.

-Nick
Even if he was turboed it should only be 2.5"

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
can u say ......oops!

whoa whoa guys! sorry but it was a typo. i tried to correct it when i typed it but i had to wait a minute to add another post and forgot about it. 2.25 was all, that may still be a tad large but its done now and money is a bit limited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts