Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a muffler shop here in DFW that does quality work and mandrel bending? Im looking into getting a custom system for my 95 Z32 and dont want it looking like crap and still keep it under 500 total. Any recommendations or ideas would be great.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i couldnt find a plano muffler but i found pronto muffler and they said that the bends could be ordered and welded together....the search continues!

·
Registered
319 Posts
mpw991 said:
i couldnt find a plano muffler but i found pronto muffler and they said that the bends could be ordered and welded together....the search continues!

Nicks Muffers in plano. he would have to order the bends most likely but his welding is awesome along with his customer service. The one problem i had, he admitted it was his mistake and he fixed it free of charge, even when i was willing to pay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Radioaktiv said:
you must drive the red N/A

i think i put a calling card on your car
ummm when and where? i cant recall having one put on my car, atleast not recently. and yes it is a red n/a.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
Triple A Muffler in Garland at Miller and Garland Road has always done mine. Ray comes off kind of cold but he knows hit shiznit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hiya fellow Z buddy! I own a red '91 Z32 TT. Anyway, I called pretty much every last exhaust shop in the metroplex when I wanted a stainless steel mandrel-bent exhaust and I found out that basically NOBODY locally owns a true mandrel-bender (but I did have a few tell me they did, only to discover when I got there that they were lying out their ass and trying to pass off regular compression benders as mandrels) and also ordering the bends and having a shop fab the exhaust was going to be very very expensive. Since you have a Z though, you can just order a complete mandrel-bent stainless steel cat-back exhaust system from Jim Wolf Tech or Stillen or HKS, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you really need it that bad i know a dude 2 hours out of dallas in the sticks that does it all for exaust.. he's been doing it before i was born(over 21 years). Atleast thats what my dad told me. I'm a n00b when it comes to that stuff but friends told me he does mandrels and he had some kind of device he was bending it with but i dunno. all i know is he did a good job on mine. :cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KaMiKaZeE said:
Hiya fellow Z buddy! I own a red '91 Z32 TT. Anyway, I called pretty much every last exhaust shop in the metroplex when I wanted a stainless steel mandrel-bent exhaust and I found out that basically NOBODY locally owns a true mandrel-bender (but I did have a few tell me they did, only to discover when I got there that they were lying out their ass and trying to pass off regular compression benders as mandrels) and also ordering the bends and having a shop fab the exhaust was going to be very very expensive. Since you have a Z though, you can just order a complete mandrel-bent stainless steel cat-back exhaust system from Jim Wolf Tech or Stillen or HKS, etc.
Yeah, a buddy of mine has an account with MVP Motorsports so I can get a Greddy SP2 system for around $600 shipped from Greddy. The reason I was thinking about going custom is because I like haveing something the no or few people have. I have an appointment at Kinney's muffler shop in Bedford (I know its a drive for me but the guy was awesome on the phone). We are gonna get the car on the lift and discuss every option I have like mandrel vs. crush, x pipes vs h pipes, and mufflers. Ultimately it will come down to cost.

·
Registered
319 Posts
seximagtr said:
Stick with Nick's mufflers. He already has the prebent pipes at his shop and he'll take care of you. Tell him Joffe sent you.

and tell him the kid in the white nissan 200sx sent you

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
Rathi134 said:
and tell him the kid in the white nissan 200sx sent you
and tell him you have money

1 - 13 of 13 Posts