Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wolftechnology has an article about how to hook up the MSD 6AL to the distributor in 200SX SE-R. Although it needs few cuts (get rid of condenser and instal new wire for external triger) in the distributor it's pretty simple. However, the technician from the MSD send me an email in which he said that's impossible to do and it will damage the transistors??? I have no clue what he meant by that (he probably didn't see the Wolftechnology ideas).

My question is will that work fine - I mean it won't brake anything in ECU and so on????????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I said I contact MSD and they said that they don't have anything that would work with my distributor.

"Dear Sir,Unfortunately we do not offer an ignition system for your application, the factory ignition on your application has a transistorized/coil assembly, and with this type of set up you will not be able to adapt an aftermarket ignition. If you do try to install it, it will damage the transistors internally and will not start on factory ignition, plus the transistor have to remain in place for the factory ignition. We are in the process of coming up with an ignition system for this type of application, but there is no set finish or completion date.Thanks,MSD Tech"

However, the Wolf Tech gave me the instructions how to do it.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/DISTRIBUTOR SR KA CONV INT TRANSISTER WIRE FOR MSD.PDF

The problem is that I can't find anywhere opinions about this modification. I don't want to experiment on my car.

Is it safe or not???????

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
crazy200sx said:
The Wolftechnology has an article about how to hook up the MSD 6AL to the distributor in 200SX SE-R. Although it needs few cuts (get rid of condenser and instal new wire for external triger) in the distributor it's pretty simple. However, the technician from the MSD send me an email in which he said that's impossible to do and it will damage the transistors??? I have no clue what he meant by that (he probably didn't see the Wolftechnology ideas).

My question is will that work fine - I mean it won't brake anything in ECU and so on????????
Why do you want one? The factory ignition system is good for 15+ psi of boost or a 75 shot of nitrous.

Lew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want one because I got one. This MSD was making huge difference in my V8 5.0 (huge kick from 3000rpm) and I wanted to try it on this car.
Especially because it uses a lot of gas and doesn't have the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts