Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys. im new in the forum. can anybody tell me how to install an msd 6a igntion with msd blaster coil in my ga16de. i mean i know how it operates but what was told to me that we have an internal coil within the distributer and i have to disable that coil and run a line to operate the blaster coil. i know i could get a little gain on installing the msd amp alone but i want it to work with the blaster coil so i could get a full spark and gain. is this process hard to do?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
hey whats up guys. im new in the forum. can anybody tell me how to install an msd 6a igntion with msd blaster coil in my ga16de. i mean i know how it operates but what was told to me that we have an internal coil within the distributer and i have to disable that coil and run a line to operate the blaster coil. i know i could get a little gain on installing the msd amp alone but i want it to work with the blaster coil so i could get a full spark and gain. is this process hard to do?
Honestly I have NEVER done this mod on our car but my question is why do you want to do this mod? I am only asking because I would rather see you spend money elsewhere as you will make more power with other mods. over this ignition. Our stock ignition (cap,rotor,wires,plugs) has supported 249 HP thus far and has been trouble free.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply wes. well im doing this mod to get more spark energy,drivablity and plus im gonna spray a 75 shot soon. i didnt spend a whole lot of money on it. my cousin sold it to me for a good price. well out of your opinion, what will be the gain i will get out of this unit?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
thanks for the reply wes. well im doing this mod to get more spark energy,drivablity and plus im gonna spray a 75 shot soon. i didnt spend a whole lot of money on it. my cousin sold it to me for a good price. well out of your opinion, what will be the gain i will get out of this unit?
Over stock I would say 1-2 HP on a good day, but honestly because our ignition is so good from the factory no one has ever dynoed an aftermarket ignition vs stock back to back... It really isn't necessary even with nitrous people just close the plug gap down a bit. I just thought if you hadn't bought it you could spend your $ elsewhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 or 2 hp? i heard more but oh well, at least i paid like $20 for it and its in good shape. but i bought the blaster coil which is like $50.also i did research on the product. im going to install it and see what happens. i just wantt squeeze every amount power even if its 1-3 power. plus for me, its not the number of gains so much but how it feels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts