Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what is everyone else getting in MPG in their sentras?

mine is a bone stock 95 ga16de with 5 speed. odometer stopped working at 141k, im betting it is at 250 ish

and i am getting 40mpg ish total
i get 385 - 420 miles from fill up to fill up and it almost always takes 10 gal. easy math

anybody else?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Damm thats good. my 97 1.6 got 30 - 32 at 80 -85 mph trip 200 miles each way....
22 - 25 city....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Guessing that might be air conditioner running? When my ac is running, I've always gotten significantly lower mileage (around 25-27 city/33-35 hwy). Also found that over 80 mph, starts to eat fuel faster. My top hwy mileage always seemed to be running in the 72-75 mph range.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Yes, turn the A/C on when i buy a car. Dont turn it off !!
too damm hot in Dallas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my ac is non working at this time, so i dont have to worry about that, and i agree with 75 mph top for feul economy,

but i dont care...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
yes, just sold it and I kept the SER we brought daughter in 97 !!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
No kidding - only regret is I settled for the SE instead of the SE-R.....but not sure the R would've gone as far ;)

-------------------------
97 200SX SE - 551K - my baby :D

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I don't think so either, more problems with the SER than the Sentra and both are low mileage, about the same, 105 K and 110 K
But more smiles per mile with the SER :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pure city, I get about around 31-32MPG. Highway I get around 40MPG, sometimes a bit higher, sometimes a bit lower depending on how fast I go and how gentle I am with the gas usage. I have 97 GXE with 5M. And I don't often use the A/C around the SF Bay area.

Also, my low fuel gauge starts to flicker and turn on when I get to around 2.5-3 gallons left in the tank which is good when the Sentra gets such good gas mileage. My other car low fuel light turns on around 3 gallons left and it only gets 16-17 in town and about 20-21 highway. Find fuel now light more like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get about 32 with my 95 XE I fill it up on monday and don't have to fill up again for two weeks and I work 16 miles away. Kevin

·
Registered
41 Posts
on an automatic 99 1.6L with 176,000miles since yesterday, i average about 30-32 driving about 60miles a day. not bad for all highway doing 70-80mph daily

1 - 16 of 16 Posts