Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
What can we do to get the most MPG of our engines?
change spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, clean air filter, oil changes every 3kmi or every 3 months stuff like that

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do the speed limit. As such as I hate to say it it will get you better mpg.s while keeping the rpms in check. I honestly hope my new engine does less downshifting because if these engines are that weak were your are constantly downshifting then I can't see how they can be good high mpg cars?? I guess I will see...

·
Powered by natural gas
150 Posts
I have a 99 GXE with the 1.6 and auto tranny. I have lightweight 15" wheels, K&N filter, good plugs, cap, rotor,O2 sensor, 5W30 synthetic oil, pop into nuetral going down hill or decelerating, nuetral while idling, turn A/C off whenever accelerating, keeping the speed down, accelerate gradually, add a bit of acetone to the fuel (2oz per 10Gal), don't use a short ram intake to suck in hot engine bay air, and for a 5 speed I highly recommend an aluminumm flywheel. All of my CRXs have had them, and my current DOHC CRX has one and gets 38mpg when flogging it. Getting a Scan Gauge 2 will also tell you what MPG you're getting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Increasing intake temps actually helps improve mileage while cruising since the air is less dense and requires less fuel to get the air/fuel ratio the ECU is looking for.

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Just wanted to add, my car with AT gets around 30MPG city and that's WITH gunning it from every light in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a 98 200sx 1.6 auto w/ a short ram intake, 2 1/4 cat back, 1.9in drop. With a/c on, I get right at 20mpg delivering pizza. I get about 25mpg with no a/c.

·
Registered
249 Posts
29mpg, header, 2" cat back, WAI, Orthodox UD pulley, ACT heavy duty clutch, Moble 1 5w-30, poor alignment, bad lower control arm bushings responsible for dynamic toe changes (which kills gas millage).

I get 29MPG in both the city and the highway, 80mph for 5hr on the highway, heavy foot running up 2 4k RPM in city.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a 99 GXE with the 1.6 and auto tranny. I have lightweight 15" wheels, K&N filter, good plugs, cap, rotor,O2 sensor, 5W30 synthetic oil, pop into nuetral going down hill or decelerating, nuetral while idling, turn A/C off whenever accelerating, keeping the speed down, accelerate gradually, add a bit of acetone to the fuel (2oz per 10Gal), don't use a short ram intake to suck in hot engine bay air, and for a 5 speed I highly recommend an aluminumm flywheel. All of my CRXs have had them, and my current DOHC CRX has one and gets 38mpg when flogging it. Getting a Scan Gauge 2 will also tell you what MPG you're getting.
What does the acetone do?

·
Registered
313 Posts
They say that acetone will increase the octain value of the fuel that you use. As a matter of fact I think I might have read that somwhear many years ago. There are guy's that are running high compression muscle cars that try to eliminate ping by using it....

·