Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i filled up my pathy with about 16 gallons a week ago and im on half a tank now. i did the math (on a calculator) and i am averaging about 18 around town. is this good or bad? i have a 97 LE

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds pretty damn good to me. i'm in canada so gallons don't mean anything to me but by the end of the week i'm usually down to nothing. just going to work and back (20 min drive one way) and around on the weekend. mind you it's cold as hell out right now..that might have something to do with it

·
Registered
79 Posts
No way..... I have a 2001 Pathy, I get 12-13 MPG "around Town". I guess you mean City/Suburban driving with some stop n go. Accounting for Winter Blend of Fuel [in NY area that means more Ethanol added to the gas] winter MPG goes down a bit. But with 35lbs air in the Michelin tires, conservative style driving, in need of a tune (probably), in warmer weather, I would get about 14-15 MPG in City. And that is really squeezing it. On the highway, at 65 MPH, I'd get about 18 MPG.

·
Registered
184 Posts
With my '03 I get around 17 mpg in mixed driving during the winter... about half highway, half stop 'n go traffic. That's also with winter gas blends and fairly cold Canadian winters. In the summer I get 19 mpg mixed, up to 23 mpg highway.

Almatti... a tune up helped me lots, I got an extra 25% gain in fuel economy after changing my spark plugs, new air filter, and putting in new tranny, diff, and transfer case fluids.

·
Registered
117 Posts
that is damn good that bout wat my 2wd hb gets on the freeway right now!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Matty: I think Nissan "bumped" the EPA mileage on the 03 from the 01 even though they have the same engines....3.5 VDQ...btw, still considered one of the best engines in the world. I wrote to you elsewhere on the forum. I'm still pondering putting in the $$$$ into my Pathy. I'm owning cars for over 35 years, sometimes...sometimes, when you start having things done on an older vehicle, you start "trouble" unless U have the ability to do much of the work yourself. I don't. For instance, a mechanic will install anew window motor, then wehn the panels are re-installed, if the window works properly, you get squeaks, or worse, other failures: electrical, wiring, etc. I've been there with other cars, mostly American GMs though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Matty: Just had the tune up (new Plugs, Air filter) But stopped short of the Fluid changes. I'll let you know how tune up "advances" the MPG. Still squimish on a Dealer or poor mechanic touching the Diffs, Transfer case, & Tranny. I'm shopping for the right guy - but the prices for 4WD service is $375-$450. What Happened to the Recession !!! And then you have to hope he/she puts the right fluids in at the proper levels and puts the Plugs in properly. For a company car - a local Firestone Dealer chnaged the oil/filter on chrysler concorde. The idiot put the oil plug in incorrectly - jammed into the fitting, had to drilled out which didn't work and an entire new oil pan installed. Firestone claimed they didn't do that. Some Kid probably in training did the work and that was the result.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i never went on the freeway with that tank. and they way i drive and soon as the light is green im in race car mode lol. i have a "very heavy foot" and like to be the first away from light.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Almatti: Here's hoping. I got the biggest gain in mileage from the spark plugs. The 4WD fluids helped a bit, but most of that 25% was thanks to new plugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts