Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 2-dr sentra, what motor do I have??? I think I have a GA16i but I'm not quite sure. Also, I was wondering if there are any headers out there that you can buy for an 89 Nissan Sentra, all of my searches so far have ended up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
you should have a silver plate on the pass. side of the fire wall in the engine compartment. and this will give u the car engine type.

check there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, its a ga16i any suggestions out there, i know its tbi, im thinking of a custom intake, headers/a 2inch exhaust, then suspension, rims and tires

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
gofer it, i dont think they make a ga16i header but they do make a ga16de header which is a dohc version of the ga16i, the exhaust ports are the same so the header bolts up but im pretty sure that they are shorter and u have to extend your downpipe a bit but it might be the other way around

·
Registered
124 Posts
well I'm assuming that your getting a custom exhaust? so when you have them do the cat back have them do that little gap Slacky mentioned. and remember you have a 1.6l so you really don't need piping bigger then 2" good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts