Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK hows it going? , alright heres my problem i did a motor swap on my 98 i put a 95's motor in my car 1.6L 200sx ok well evrey bolts up and is the same theres a couple diff. things i had to add to the new motor. alright well i dont get any spark and i found out that i needed a 95 ECM, a new computer for the car. cause the 98's comp. wont work with the 95 motor im just wondering if this is true and i need another comp.??

Thanks

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
You need to remove the top end of the 98 and put it on the 95 bottom. I.E. the intake manifold and everything above that. So basicly you only need to use the block from the 95. The reason it isnt working is cause all of the sensors are different, and it may even be an obd1 motor. When your 98 is an obd2.

·
Registered
70 Posts
no the 95's were obd2. I've got a 95 and its obd2. It was the first year nissan used it except the g20's started obd 2 in 94

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks for that info. ok well that solves that so does any one know why i would not be getting spark i tried evreything i got evreything new. no spark is getting to the distrib. And im so beat to where i cant think of what to check next thanks for ur help!

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
200sx_guy said:
no the 95's were obd2. I've got a 95 and its obd2. It was the first year nissan used it except the g20's started obd 2 in 94
Depending on what time of the year it was made would make it an obd1 or an obd2.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
The fuel system was changed from 96 to 97. You need to use the intake manifold and fuel fail from you old motor(98). The 95 one will be different. As for no spark first check the basics A.I. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc. Let us know what you find.

Mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts