Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering what the biggest engine I could fit in my 94 Sentra XE 4dr.I know an SE-R motor would fit, but what about something bigger like a Skyline motor or would that be too much on my suspension and etc?I am thinking about doing a motor swap when my 1.6 dies which should be a pretty good while considering i have 187,543 miles on it and I am wanting something with more power.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
white_chocolate said:
Hey I was just wondering what the biggest engine I could fit in my 94 Sentra XE 4dr.I know an SE-R motor would fit, but what about something bigger like a Skyline motor or would that be too much on my suspension and etc?I am thinking about doing a motor swap when my 1.6 dies which should be a pretty good while considering i have 187,543 miles on it and I am wanting something with more power.
just search for it, the sr would be the best option, if you can get a skyline motor to fit, i will give you 5 bucks. also, SEARCH, people have discussed this many times.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
white_chocolate is lookin like green crap right now.

bro, you need to use some common sense and search around.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the "skyline" engine is a rear drive....your car is not, do you have the money to have a tunnel fabed for the tranny to sit in? have a custom drive shaft made? have a custom rear axel made? have the rear suspension completly re done? but the RB engine, tune the RB engine, make 100% one off motor mounts and trannt mounts? thats a good $10k right there........im sorry but if you had that kind of money you wouldnt have bought a 1.6 litre sentra to begin with. the most "exotic" engine you could use would be a sr20det or sr20ve.
dirtysouthb13 said:
everybodys answer is always search for the info if u know the answer just put it in if not then dont put nothing
when you have been here awile you will understand why we demand a search. thereare many questions on "putting a skyline engine in my car" or "electric susper chargers!!!!! im getting one!" or "these chips on ebay that claim a 20hp increase...do they work?" after they have been asked a good 10 times without any attempt at finding the info them selves it gets a tad anoying.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You can fit just about any engine or drivetrain into any car and if you've got the skill and tools, then it's a matter of not only being able to afford the parts, but to know what parts you need to buy in the first place.

You're not going to find find information on how to swap engines and drivetrains into the B13 that don't already fit, because the few people that have done it don't have that information readily available.

The most powerful engine you're going to find that will swap into your car is the SR20VET and if you can get ahold of one it's going to cost you several thousand. A more affordable swap is the SR20DE obviously, and if you can afford more, than a SR20DET or SR20VE would be your options. I think you'll find, as I and many other previous owners of GA16DE powered B13's have, that the best route is to sell the car and buy an SE-R in the first place. Turboing your existing engine is also an option and it doesn't have to cost a fortune. If you can get ahold of an inexpensive used turbo and retrofit a manifold or just make your own, you could do it fairly inexpensively.

·
Registered
851 Posts
at this point you might as well put a SBC with a cavalier tranny or something in your sentra :rolleyes:

·