Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my stock motor mounts with Energy Suspension. These are a big help in stiffness of the motor. The car is more resonsive on shifts. You can even tell the difference when you start the car. Good investment for $35.00

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
when you dyno a fwd car, the engine and transaxle tends to rock fore and aft, this movement is wasted engine power that is supposed to go to the ground, not the rocking, with the motor mounts, the engine/transaxle assembly moves less, transfers the power to the chassis, therefore sending it to the wheels and then the ground, also it helps eliminate the risk of the transaxle housing hitting up against, what the hell was that, i forgot, crap, whatever it is and over due time will crack the transaxle, but the downside is that the ride is not a comfy, and when you slightly turn the steering wheel while idling, the vibration trasnfers to the steering column making a rattling/vibrating sound............but it takes off better now......with the factory 14 with kumhos 195/55 r14's of course......

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is alittle more vibration but the power is to the floor now.

Kind of a bitch to install. You will need a big vise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stupid question here: are the motor mounts only for the manual? Or are they for both the manual and autos(yeah, I know)??? Reason is I saw some motor mounts for other cars thats only for the manuals.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
i installed my mounts myself, give or take 45 to 1 hour, had to rush, shop was about to close but got them on perfect, and yes, my baby responds better from then on, but yeah many vibrations, almost threw up the first day...........too much....got used to it.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah, lay dynomat everywhere!!!! Thats about it on that one! Try JWT Solid mounts, then you will not think of noise with the ES mm inserts ever again!

·
Registered
393 Posts
the reason the stock mounts are so soft is to reduce the noise. noise is just a bi-product of having the stiffer mounts. deal w/ it if you want the performance. haha... BTW have you ever felt how heavy dynamat is? and its expensive as hell, too! good thing i work @ best buy tho, a $40 2'x2' roll of xtreme dynamat is only about $12 for me. haha. but i wouldnt add any of that stuff to my ride, that one roll is like 5 lbs!

·
0 Posts
Re: i have those too....

azkicker0027 said:
i installed mine too and it helps out, but i still have to dyno it...
Motor mounts won't help your HP. You'll *FEEL* like it helps but a dyno won't show that

·
0 Posts
MarkSR20 said:
yeah, lay dynomat everywhere!!!! Thats about it on that one! Try JWT Solid mounts, then you will not think of noise with the ES mm inserts ever again!
Heh... I don't think you ever sat/rode in my car with the original Place mounts, did you Mark? Those things were wicked. I have tons of stuff in the front end of my car really loose because of those stupid things!

·
Registered
115 Posts
javierb14 said:

really? i have the front and rear mounts(inserts) in my 97 and its not that harsh....but then again the open downpipe makes everything resonate;)

LOL... I just fixed that same problem after 6 months of living with it. No more Cesna noises for me. Yeah, after living with that, the ES inserts are nothing. I just installed all 4 engine mount inserts. Big difference. It really made me appreciate how sloppy the stock mounts were after nearly 100k on the car.

BTW, the downpipe breaks a lot on our cars... it's right at the 2 to 1 pipe weld area. I figure it's caused by the engine slopping around enough causing excess stress on the down pipe. The new mount inserts should fix this problem so that it doesn't happen again.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
true, the OEM downpipe uses a ball and socket joint to compensate for movement...i dont think they are as forgiving as the braided flex sections. oh ya, i dont have a broken OEM downpipe....just a open 2.5" downpipe off the turbo;)

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Re: Re: i have those too....

02 ALMERA said:

Motor mounts won't help your HP. You'll *FEEL* like it helps but a dyno won't show that
Thats not entirely true. They wont give you more horsepower but they will allow you to put more horsepower to the wheels.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts