Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
He may be talking about the people who have poured their own. Some people swear by it, others aren't so sure about how long they'll last. I think Curt did his with the pour your own method.

Later,
Mark

·
Registered
195 Posts
AltimatSE-R -
I have the ES motor mount inserts, not yet installed on my 93 se-r, if you want to check them out.
I bought them from: http://www.mossyperformance.com
They were the same price as Courtesy.

My brother had the ES inserts installed in his '91 se-r about a week ago. He said they made a huge difference - due to a worn out stock firewall mount.

Josh

·
0 Posts
the ES inserts did make a huge difference, I'm only concerned now about how the stock mount will hold up with the inserts in them...

the place racing mounts are very attractive since it is a full replacement mount, i believe there's a group buy on them right now for $150ish

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
For the money, I say go with the ES inserts. They're like $34, got mine the cheapest I'd seen them at www.ptuning.com but shop around. Although more vibration is transfered to the rest of the car with the inserts in, the engine feels solidly mounted and there is really no play, so all that torque is going where you want it to, to the drivetrain. I wouldn't spend the money on the PR mounts unless I was building a full out drag car or was going to be putting down some crazy ass HP numbers. Even then I might consider chaining the engine instead, it'd be cheaper and even more solid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i found them at www.ptuning.com for $29 with shipping so i got the inserts people say the inserts are just as good as anything else so i guess il find out
Thanks everyone for your info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts