Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about motor mounts.

Looks like there are motor mounts available from two different companies. JWT and Energy Suspension... Stock Mounts on my car is getting tired and some of them are actually broken, so I guess I am ready for a new set. I heard JWT mounts replaces the whole thing and ES mounts are just inserts.. Will ES mounts replace the problem i have? Or is it worth paying $200 extra for JWT?

My car currently has a GA16 (i know... pos), but I am getting the SR20 next, so I was thinking about changing the mounts at the same time. I heard 3 out of 4 mounts are the same as GA, but I want to change them all if i could... Changing all 4 will probablly increase the vibration too much. I don't mind a masserge chair in my car, but i probablly won't like the ruttling interior. Do you have any idea on best set up?

Oh, one more.. B14 SR20 and P10/P11 mounts are all same right?

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The JWT will be a lot rougher than the inserts. Unless you are boosting or using N2O, I really don't think you need them. But on the other hand, your mounts have to be in pretty good shape to be able to use the inserts.

S

·
0 Posts
My ES inserts that I had on my GA were actually pretty rough. It doesn't matter which way you go they will be rough. I did notice a big difference on my GA with the ES inserts though, more power got to the ground. By the way place racing also makes mounts for SR20 but I am not sure if they make a mount for the rear on the GA! Retail is 200 bucks for thoughs

·
Registered
70 Posts
The ES inserts will send vibration through the steering wheel. But they were well worth any vibration or noise. One of the inserts you will need a press to push out the old mount and press in the new. After my install I was glad I didn't spring for the entire mount.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, I'm not looking for the GA mounts.. I'm dropping a SR motor!! ;) So, the best move is to get brand new stock mounts with ES inserts... right? PR sounds interesting, but they cost almost as much as JWT....

·
Registered
62 Posts
well i JUST did mine and i think it is the best 25 bucks ive spent yet on my car. i got them from suspension.com a while ago but just go the time to do them. Anyways they make the shifts much more precise and when its in gear the shifter doesnt seem to move back and forth as much...maybe thats just me. i dunno. anywho for anyone considering this I would say do it ASAP...you will love it

T

·
0 Posts
I would recommend the ES mounts. While you are ordering go ahead and get the control arm bushings also. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took the pressure off the mount by using a jack with a 2X4 inbetween the jack and the tranny. I did one mount at a time. I removed the braket w/ mount and pushed the inserts in and then reattached the assembly. The large top mount that is an aluminum casting with a rubber insert molded to a steel sleeve you must completely remove. Using a press remove the old insert by pressing against the steel sleeve until it pops out. Then before pressing the new polyurethane insert make sure to lube the lip or it will tear when pressing in. It's pretty staight forward once you get going.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got ES mounts

I just got ES mounts from my buddy. I got one big piece and 4 little pieces... I do't know where exactly they go. Each pieces had numbers stamped on. Does anybody know where they go??

Big one has no #, but i'm pretty sure where it goes.

Little one 1(one) 1070
1(one) 1071
2(two) 1072s

thanx..

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nx2000racer said:
i have had the hardest time finding the es inserts, i want all 4 and can only find the 2 sides.... as most of you know the front and back are worst... so where do u guys find em? i emailed strait to es and hopefully they can hook me up!!!!!

92 nx2000
Yeah, ES should be able to help you with that. There are a few other places you can try:

www.suspension.com
www.courtesyparts.com
www.motivational.net
etc..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Got ES mounts

CarbonBlack200 said:
I just got ES mounts from my buddy. I got one big piece and 4 little pieces... I do't know where exactly they go. Each pieces had numbers stamped on. Does anybody know where they go??

Big one has no #, but i'm pretty sure where it goes.

Little one 1(one) 1070
1(one) 1071
2(two) 1072s

thanx..
The large round insert w/ the lip on it replaces the rubber mount in the aluminum casting on the top/passenger side of the bay. The other two mounts use 2 inserts each. The insert is a male and the existing rubber insert has holes in it. One insert pushes into each side of the mount and then is slid back into the bracket. Each set is different so you won't be able to put them in the wrong place. The inserts are for the bottom/rear and bottom/driver side mounts. The front mount is a dog bone. This one was destroyed on my car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would just get the placeracing mounts. I am kind of unhappy with the es inserts. I have the inserts on all 4 mounts. My car still has too much engine hop when I launch it at the tracks. I think I might just buy the placeracing ones.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess.. ES or PR??

Thanks vrux for your reply. Now i am clear with this. I think the bottom rear mounts on my car is bad.. Looks like I'm gonna have to replace the stock mount too.
Sounds like i'm missing the inserts for a dog bone too..

I heard someone told me to leave the passenger side one alone if I don't want too much vibration.. is that right??

Mike, now you are making me wonder.. What's interesting? Good or bad? You are doing good job getting me excited for next month's issue. Right now, PR site is not even working. I'm a blind man for those mounts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts