Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a new motor about 2 years ago and this problem started right after the swap. 1.6 with Manual trans.

When I put the car in reverse and back up something is rattling against the frame. Feels as if the noise is comming under me in front of the shifter. I can recreate the sound but putting on the ebrake, put the car in reverse and slowly let out the clutch.

When looking at the engine I can see that the stress from putting the engine in reverse tips the top of the engine to the back or toward the firewall.

From what I can tell the motor is flexing some motor mount (what I think is a mount) just under the firewall in the middle of the motor. To me it looks like the mount is flexing up as the motor pushes down on it. And probably some part of that mount is touching the framing causing this rattling noise.

I seems to remember when I was working on that part of the engine mount there was a bolt in there that was very hard to get to.

Not for sure what to look for. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
you have four mounts. two on the side one in front by the down pipe and one in the back connected to the cross member. the one connected to the cross member is probably the one that needs to be replaced. also check and see if ur exhaust is hitting ur frame

1 - 2 of 2 Posts