Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas and ladies :cheers: if they are here. I was recently on another car forums trying to comment about SR motors. And It got me a thinkin, what is the difference between a different year Black top? I heard that black top are the best to get, but do any of these motors have like variable timing? Is it worth my time and money on a s15 black top compared to a s14 black top? Help a brother out!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
s14 and s15 sr's have different trans, I dont think many would reccomend s15 one b/c you have to get the rearend b/c it has the speed sensor and not the tranny, the turbos on the s14 and s15 are also slightly different I believe, the s14 and s15 motors do have valve timing, but not the s13 blacktop. In my opinion (which isnt much hehe) if you completely rebuild an sr for racing, valve timing just gets in the way, I would just go with s13 black top and swap a t28 from an s15 blacktop or something, heh.

·
Registered
125 Posts
wannaboostbad said:
Hello fellas and ladies :cheers: if they are here. I was recently on another car forums trying to comment about SR motors. And It got me a thinkin, what is the difference between a different year Black top? I heard that black top are the best to get, but do any of these motors have like variable timing? Is it worth my time and money on a s15 black top compared to a s14 black top? Help a brother out!!!!!!
DO NOT get the s15. Sure the tranny is 6 speed, but it's very weak compared to the other sr20det tranny's. If you turn the boost up or make anymore power than stock, it'll be destroyed farely quickly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i was looking through this years buyers guide from SuperStreet and saw something about a 6 speed transmission for the sr20det. it was called the GReddy Grex six-speed sequential transmission. The magazine said it was for the silvia SR20DET. does that mean its for any SR20DET i looked on the web and couldn't find one. just curious if anyone else has seen anything about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes, you can get one from jgycustoms, but unless you have a lot of money dont evan bother because like joel said it is more than $10,000

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah, I believe the s15 sr 6spd has the same bell housing but they just cut the gears thinner to fit em thats part of why they are so weak...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts