Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to add a trailer hitch to my new 2022 Rogue Platinum later this summer. Will the tongue of the hitch interfere or inhibit the performance/sensitivity of the motion activated liftgate? I would not want to lose the use of this feature.

I will only be inserting the ball piece occasionally to pull a small utility trailer. So, most of the time the piece with the ball will not be attached to the hitch assembly.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
The problem isn't the ball, it's the crossbar. I don't have the '21~'22 kit instructions, but for sure the kick sensor needed to be replaced with a different one on gen2 Rogues and gen3 Muranos. So I expect you'll find it does interfere, with or without the ball inserted..

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VStar650CL - thank you for the feedback. It is most helpful

It appears Nissan Canada currently does not have a trailer hitch kit for the 2022 Rogue. It would be interesting to find out if there is a USA kit and whether it addresses the rear hatch kick sensor.

If you or anyone else has some thoughts on this matter your input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You're most welcome. No, I looked first thing and it doesn't appear there's a hitch kit for gen3's in the US either. Plenty of aftermarket, but nothing OE. The gen2 and Murano kits both relocate the sensor, which might work if you wanted to try a cut-and-glue relocation. However, there may also be software changes in those other kits. There's no way to tell about that, so you might just need to wait for an OE kit if you want the kick to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts