Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was cruzin around for a full cat-back exhaust system. As I came around this
http://www.mossyperformance.com/product/?id=3604

I'm thinkin since it doesnt give a specific model that it will work on the 1.8S also. I just want to know if anyone has gotten this system and if its worth it or not.

P.S. Chimmike's probably gonna close this thread....lol
Thanks, Jason.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
that's mostly made for the Spec V. I'm sure the pipe diameter is too large for the QG and will make you lose power.

stromung and HKS are the only two that I can think of that will directly fit the QG. or get a custom exhaust.

really, it's not worth getting a whole cat back if you don't plan on getting a header. Just chop off the stock muffler and replace it with a magnaflow or something of your choice with a 2" inlet.
 

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
that's mostly made for the Spec V. I'm sure the pipe diameter is too large for the QG and will make you lose power.

stromung and HKS are the only two that I can think of that will directly fit the QG. or get a custom exhaust.

really, it's not worth getting a whole cat back if you don't plan on getting a header. Just chop off the stock muffler and replace it with a magnaflow or something of your choice with a 2" inlet.
I've been looking for the past 2 hours on cat-back but i didnt see one on HKS.. I do plan on getting a Hotshot Header. Lookin at the prices HKS Sports Exhaust (thinkin you were lookin at that one) was around 500. Would you recommed a VRS downpipe and just put a 3in exhaust on it and with installation by hand than buying it from a exhaust company..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Do what i did. Buy a muffler at any performance shop for like $60. Then have a muffler shop create a custom 2 1/4 inch cat back pipe to be attached to the muffler. I payed $50 for a Greddy muffler and $240 for the custom pipe and installation

Cat back exhaust for $290
 

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the only problem is, there isnt many places that do a GOOD job on custom exhausts. So i kind of have to find one. I'm thinkin of the VRS Downpipe and just get an muffler on it from somewhere. I've heard that VRS is really good, but i plan on doing it that way, unless anyone has any rejections of why not too.

Chimmike isnt your exhaust system a VRS? Correct me if im wrong.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
the hotshot header comes with a secondary. All you need is a cat-back. VRS doesn't make a 2" diameter cat back (2" is what i recommend on the QG)
 

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chimmike said:
the hotshot header comes with a secondary. All you need is a cat-back. VRS doesn't make a 2" diameter cat back (2" is what i recommend on the QG)
I cant find any exhaust systems that are 2in.....if you could kindly give me some suggestions or lead me into the right road...

If i stayed with the 3in system, i've looked and i cant find any companys in iowa or around here that sell a 3in header. mistake me if im wrong. Ive tried all sponsors on nissanforums also.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
nope. 3" is entirely too big for the QG n/a. Stromung or HKS are the best catbacks for the QG right now, unless you get custom piping done.
 

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chimmike said:
nope. 3" is entirely too big for the QG n/a. Stromung or HKS are the best catbacks for the QG right now, unless you get custom piping done.
I'm lookin at them but the only problem is, all the dealers dont sell the system i want.....which is really not cool. Expecially HKS....i dunno if its just my luck. I'll keep on trying. Thanks for your input. Jason
 

·
Not Anymore.
Joined
·
5,014 Posts
you have to actualy contact stromung about exhausts. vrs generally starts at 2.25. if you contact them, they may do custom work in 2 inch piping.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top