Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im thinking of putting a cat back exaust with a 2 inch pipe on my '93 Sentra XE. I am custom fabricating the pipes and I'm going to use a Dynaflow muffler, any one know if this will affect how the car runs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
you should get a couple hp out of the deal. im currently running a full exhaust with a header and no resonators with a fart can sounds o.k but not great

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did a full 2" mandrel with a flowmaster straight through resonater and I picked up half a sec on the 1/4 mile. I had already done header, intake, TB and ECU when i put the exhaust on so I'm sure that they helped out to but it sounds nice especially about 6000 rpm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im workin' with a budget but I think the exhaust should be good in the next couple weeks. I was thinking about getting one of those engine chips but I heard they are a scam

·
Registered
121 Posts
if its one of the ebay chips, dont get it, its a waste of money. The only "chips" that will work are a Jim Wolf ECU or something like a S-AFC Neo

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
SE-R, 1992, NISSAN - summitracing.com

this is the system at summit racing. the picture is accurate to the left. I know people have hated pacesetter, but the one I bought was just fine and no issues with fitment, all the mounting points were exact. its painted alluminized piping, mandrel bent. The muffler itself resembles the OEM design size oval with flow-through design. Its quiet with a low tone. no highway noise at all. I even have the hotshot headers Gen 3.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
YOu see, the pacesetter is not as bad as people suggest. Now, the headers may be something else, but the cat-back lined up well and no issues with fitment. mine was 275 for the whole thing. Its not stainless, but I do not drive mine in rain, so there is no rusting issue. The good thing is, the muffler part is basically a slip on with a clamp, so you can change that out. I don't think it sounds too bad and is quiet on the highway where the Fart Cans sound like hell. I hate those things, they do nothing but sound like your muffler fell off the clunker car! magnaflow or any oval performance muffler is the best with a perforated core of course.

Like I said, to make your own, you can order 90 bends and straight pieces from most places like Summit and Jegs.

I am going to change out the pacesetter muffler at some point to a dual tip magnaflow for a deeper sound.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
according to mike kojima you´ll get 6-7 whp from a good mandrel bent cat back
On the GA16 powered 91-94 if you replace the Cat-back it was like 12 because the pipes were very small. then when you replace the header, that front pipe was super small and restrictive as hell. the Hotshot Gen 2 header replaced that small pipe to the Cat. That made a huge difference in power. If you had the Gen 1 header, you needed to have a shop make you a front pipe from the header to the Cat, as I had to do.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
104 Posts
i got pacesetter headers and they are great if you know how to weld, not exactly boltandplay operation, i had to weld on all the old fittings off the stock manifold to get the boy to go in smooth, but i gotta say not one leak and sounds amazing even with the rest of the exhuast being stock. reason the rest is stock is becuase i am too scared to bugger off a couple hundred to get that fartcan smell....er sound......does anyone kno the best sounding catback or if you buildin your own what muffler on a 2.5in tube?

·
Registered
121 Posts
i got pacesetter headers and they are great if you know how to weld, not exactly boltandplay operation, i had to weld on all the old fittings off the stock manifold to get the boy to go in smooth, but i gotta say not one leak and sounds amazing even with the rest of the exhuast being stock. reason the rest is stock is becuase i am too scared to bugger off a couple hundred to get that fartcan smell....er sound......does anyone kno the best sounding catback or if you buildin your own what muffler on a 2.5in tube?
Dude a good exhaust with a resonator before the muffler will sound awesone, not too loud and definetely NOT like a fart can.

·
Registered
70 Posts
With out starting a seperate thread....

Does anyone have experience with the SSautochrome GA16 header? I like the 4-2-1 design and it looks like it fits well. As mentioned above I have a PaceSetter catback. Like all of us, I dread the fartcan sound.

I read the Sport Compact mag build up. They say the exhaust went from a mellow tone with an Intake and catback to headache inducing with the addition of the HS header. They dont mention if the HS catback they use had any resonator when they started. They do say the had to add one. The Pacesetter has one, but it isnt much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i tried to order one when i was looking for headers, and the customer service sucked balls and they were on back order, basically more trouble than it is worth, to be honest the pacesetter is a 4-2-1 design and besides me being a little anal about the fittings, it was easy to put in, and they still look good, no rust or discoloration.

how much the resonator on the pacesetter catback help the fartcan sound?

sir x loin are you just running the catback? how it sound.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i tried to order one when i was looking for headers, and the customer service sucked balls and they were on back order, basically more trouble than it is worth, to be honest the pacesetter is a 4-2-1 design and besides me being a little anal about the fittings, it was easy to put in, and they still look good, no rust or discoloration.

how much the resonator on the pacesetter catback help the fartcan sound?

sir x loin are you just running the catback? how it sound.
I am running an OBX WAI, stock exhaust manifold, and the Pacesetter cat back. It sounds awesome. Very deep and aggressive when I get on it. But at cruising speeds it cant be heard. It was exactly what I was looking for. I had to cut off and reweld a hanger into the correct location. But that is minor. The muffler and tip fit the body perfect.

I havent updated my cardomain page in awhile. Im dropping my car off at the body shop today to get some work done. Ill update it when its done.

Where did you get your header? I see ones listed for the B13 all the time on eBay, but for some reason 97 B14 1.6 are scarce...

·
Registered
104 Posts
i jsut got the 95-96 1.6L product number and found a place to buy it(forgot where lol).

thats cool you mention dropping off your car at a body shop check out my new post on my body work to my 200sx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good evening. I have a sentra 98 gxe (GA16dne mexican engine) and I was wondering if anyone has installed a Apexi Neo on your cars...is worth it? you have any hp/throttle gain? It is easy to install?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts