Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what ever you do make sure that toy don't go into a snowbank or you could end up like me i just got my car back from the shop (from my first adventure) then i went for a ride and hit black ice and went into the snow bank and got my radiator drain plug ripped out diddn't leak a whole lot untill i got home and parked it then 1/2 hour i went to take my dog for a walk and saw a massive green puddle comming from under my car.

MOral of the story stay away from snow banks

J

·
0 Posts
Trying to do powered 360s on a snow covered, EMPTY street/parking lot = FUN!!!!

Hitting a curb/other car/people/snow banks while doing these and either doing or receiving damage while doing these = NOT FUN!!!!

Practice safe snow sliding...use a little common sense. :cool:

(Yes I realize that your trip into the snow bank was unintentional and possibly unavoidable. I'm just referring to my earlier post about "Fun in the snow" :) )

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
actually both of my recent äccidents"weren't my fault but shit does happen and i do live in canada so i'll just use my snowmobile sometimes it doesn't ever matter if it is empty or not it's just stupid you just get a little carried away and then your into some big shit with the cops, nieghbours, parents, spouses it's just stupid there is a specific time and place for this stuff it's called gravel. it's a little more predictable then snow and but snow is safer if you do hit something!

U

·
0 Posts
Hey, how'd you fix that drain plug? Mine snapped off when I drained my radiator. I haven't really looked into how I want to fix it yet. :)

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did the threads break off in side if so drill a small hole in the white broken off piece and get one of those bob vila damaged screw removers that should work. it's a bitch trying to find another plug though not too many scrap yards want to part with them because the rad is still good and they can make good money off it, at the nissan dealer it's only like four bucks though so go new and save your self a headache

·
Christopher the Unready
152 Posts
Bondo doens't inhibit rust, if you put it over top of it, it will just crack off within a couple of months, a year if you're lucky... but.. have fun anyways! My first Sentra wagon was all bondo over the rust, then it all chipped off... I didn't understand then, but I do now... Oh well, knock yourself out!!

J

·
0 Posts
I guess you're referring to my signature here. I know Bondo doesn't inhibit rust :rolleyes: . I'm experimenting with some stuff I found in a local autoparts store that's supposed to inhibit rust and then I put Bondo over that. I'm just trying it out to see if it does the job. I'll probably do a better job of it next spring when the weather warms up and they stop putting all this cursed salt on the roads.

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not just clean it properly they primer it then bondo it?

J

·
0 Posts
'cause sometimes I'm a lazy, dumb-ass. No big dealie, though. I'll do it right next spring.:D

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
rice rocket (soon) said:
why not just clean it properly they primer it then bondo it?
Ummmmm....you Bondo THEN primer it. Trust me that doesn't always work either. I did a bunch of rust removal on my car and it was done properly but it still came back. I'm so sick of salted roads. ugh

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i knew that just didn't type it like that:D
yeah i have to do a little bit of body work my self but i'm just gonna wait till spring. the underbody of my car and the body great all the women that owned it prior to my had it oiled everyyear

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
rice rocket (soon) said:
i knew that just didn't type it like that:D
yeah i have to do a little bit of body work my self but i'm just gonna wait till spring. the underbody of my car and the body great all the women that owned it prior to my had it oiled everyyear
I wish the previous owner had oiled my car. The thing is melting with all the salt they put on the roads

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep the canadian govn't is very gay

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
you got that one right !! ;P

best thing to do with majority of cars... even better on nissan is to get metal sheets welded and professionaly de-rusted... after that get yourself a good bedliner coating and throw some below the carpet and under the car.... after that get it oiled around august so the grease/oil stuff gets every where in corners of the car !! ;)

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
i dont think ive EVER heard of oiling the outside of a car before. man, and i thought chicago had bad winters!!!!!!!!

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you just spray oil on the bottom to prevent rust i'm happy the women did it to saved me a lot of headaches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts