Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 sentra 1.6 5spd, Im running it in a road rally may 2nd and i need to get some more pep out of it but im on a pretty tight budget, im planning on calling a tuning shop and offer them advertising space for an ECU flash if thats even possible on these. I put E3 plugs in and am running on premium and its alright but i wanna get some more from it. the handling is decent stock but i also put some good falken tires on it so that could be it. I plan on removing some interior pieces that will be easy to put back afterwards and maybe a k&n cone filter if i can figure out a way to put it on the stock intake.

any input is appreciated
thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
For them to "flash" your ecu, they need to solder in a daughterboard and burn rom chips with a tune on it.

Advance your timing a little since your already running 93 octane.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never thought about advancing the timing, thanks

another question, what does the tensoner noise sound like?
i dont know if my car has had a new one or not and is makes a little noise every once in a while

thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
For them to "flash" your ecu, they need to solder in a daughterboard and burn rom chips with a tune on it.

Advance your timing a little since your already running 93 octane.

This will give you no gains if you don't have anything done to the motor. If your budget is tight, you're screwed. These motors were never made to produce power.

·
Registered
505 Posts
JWT has been proven to make more whp over stock. Not sure about the 1.6 but on the SR it does.
Waste of money, but it's not my car. I bought this thing for the MPG, not to race. I laugh at those people, especially when I pull next to them in my mustang and they want to race in their ricer....when will they ever learn, they can't win?

:fluffy:

Don't they know you can't mix rice with muscle?

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Waste of money, but it's not my car. I bought this thing for the MPG, not to race. I laugh at those people, especially when I pull next to them in my mustang and they want to race in their ricer....when will they ever learn, they can't win?

:fluffy:

Don't they know you can't mix rice with muscle?
Thats your opinion, JWT makes some of the best products out there.

Your talking to the wrong person if are you talking trash about imports and about mustangs and muscle vs ricers. If beating a lime green civic with a walmart wing and a huge chrome muffler makes you think you got something beefy under the hood of your mustang. You should see some of these 4 cylinder cars making over 1000whp. So please dont start disrespecting imports cause you have a biased opinion of "ricers"

I do not want a import vs domestics brawl starting.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thats your opinion, JWT makes some of the best products out there.

Your talking to the wrong person if are you talking trash about imports and about mustangs and muscle vs ricers. If beating a lime green civic with a walmart wing and a huge chrome muffler makes you think you got something beefy under the hood of your mustang. You should see some of these 4 cylinder cars making over 1000whp. So please dont start disrespecting imports cause you have a biased opinion of "ricers"

I do not want a import vs domestics brawl starting.
This could go on forever. I have 400RWHP in my mustang. Any ricer with 1000WHP would be a $50,000+ car, I had $12k in mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
This could go on forever. I have 400RWHP in my mustang. Any ricer with 1000WHP would be a $50,000+ car, I had $12k in mine.
Glad you consider any import a ricer, any person with a domestic thinks they're better than everyone, you should start hanging out with honda owners they have the same outlook on other people that you do.

Now please stay on topic.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Glad you consider any import a ricer, any person with a domestic is douche bag and thinks they're better than everyone, you should start hanging out with honda owners they have the same outlook on other people that you do.

Now please stay on topic.
Glad you're also putting words in my mouth. I never said every car is a ricer, but any import that is modfied is if you ask me. What else is a ricer? I like to spend my money wisely and if I want a fast car, it's not an import. Yes imports can be fast, but for bang for buck, you get a muscle car. Enough said.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Glad you're also putting words in my mouth. I never said every car is a ricer, but any import that is modfied is if you ask me. What else is a ricer? I like to spend my money wisely and if I want a fast car, it's not an import. Yes imports can be fast, but for bang for buck, you get a muscle car. Enough said.
Bang for your buck can go either way. Ive seen B13's run high 11's at the track with just a T25, S4 cams, and some slicks. All done for under 2500 bucks. You're asking me what a ricer is? Im sure your educated enough to know the difference between a ricer and a import. 12grand for 400whp isnt spending your money wisely. 12 grand could build something with way more than 400whp, if you ask me thats a little pathetic that you spent that much to get so little. You wanna keep this debate going? Cause ive already proven my point.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bang for your buck can go either way. Ive seen B13's run high 11's at the track with just a T25, S4 cams, and some slicks. All done for under 2500 bucks. You're asking me what a ricer is? Im sure your educated enough to know the difference between a ricer and a import. 12grand for 400whp isnt spending your money wisely. 12 grand could build something with way more than 400whp, if you ask me thats a little pathetic that you spent that much to get so little. You wanna keep this debate going? Cause ive already proven my point.
Considering the 12k includes the car itself, is amazing. I added some stuff that didn't give me HP as well (wheels, tires, hood, saleen wing, front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, leather interior, auto meter gauges, etc.) My car is built for street/race so I wanted it to look nice and be fast.

·
Registered
258 Posts
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i aint got no problem with american muscle but this is a NISSAN FORUM and um yeah i happen to own a nissan GO IMPORTS !!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i dont wanna choose sides enjoy your debate lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
nobody cares about a 400 horsepower mustang for the fact that its a mustang. if you dont like your nissan then why are you on these forums? im sure they miss you on horsehumpers.com or whatever you mustang guys post on.

anyway back on topic im still curious what the tensioner noise sounds like before it goes because i think mine might be making it and i dont really want my pistons to play pattycake with my valves

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
nobody cares about a 400 horsepower mustang for the fact that its a mustang. if you dont like your nissan then why are you on these forums? im sure they miss you on horsehumpers.com or whatever you mustang guys post on.

anyway back on topic im still curious what the tensioner noise sounds like before it goes because i think mine might be making it and i dont really want my pistons to play pattycake with my valves
Lol, things got out of hand.

Listen to that, it may help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well it definately doesnt sound like that. i get a little backfiring mostly when i shift from 1st to 2nd. i run premium so could it just be timing?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Drop in a K&N Filter, Advance the timing, do an oil change, and go for it. The 1.6L is a strong motor, if it is in good shape, you should have no problems. If you can find/afford it, i would also get the Lighweight crank pulley. it's only 1 horsepower, but it helps the car rev faster and harder. Also, try taking some weight out of the car-take the carpet, door panels, back seat, trunk liner, spare out, thats about 75-100lbs of weight. if you're feeling crazy......Also, tighten the throttle cable for better response when you hit the gas-alot of times these cars have slack in the cable and it slows the throttle response. also a rear sway bar will help the car rotate thru the turns. Progress makes ana djustable bar for around $200 bucks-it helps, trust me...good luck with the rally

1 - 20 of 36 Posts