Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems to me that every one talks more about how there car is not performing like i should (including the recall threads). I just got my 2002 Spec v and this is all starting to scare me!..

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the 2002 wasn't a good year for the Spec. normal first year issues. by the 04 model year all the issues were worked out.

some 02s have no problems, but the majority did.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah. . . i think it would have been smart for you to look up on that 2002 spec V before you bought it. . . cuz that would suck if you didn't know about those problems

and also. . . even if most of the posts are about problems, it's good to hear about them and understand certain things. . . it's usually stuff you don't know, and those are usually problems

have a nice day

:banhump:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i Agree with you guys, maybe its just hard to think that my new/used car has these kinda things goin on.. i will deffently get her checked out. thanks all

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If you havent had any problems yet and your recalls are done, you are probably in the safe. The main problems you will see if they exist are:
-car eating oil
-transmission shifting problems
-a pinging sound that is not the heat sheilds contracting
-overactive knock sensors retarding your timing (this more than likely will not hurt your car)
-some have leaking trunks
i think you are probably allright if you dont have any of those and a few other miscellaneous smaller problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Only problem that the car exbitz is the transmission shifting rough from 2nd to 3rd but i think some RedLine will work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah. . . i think we (owners of sentras) all wish there was no such thing as a tranny problem on the damn car. . . cuz it's a nice little car with a fat powerplant!

·
Registered
87 Posts
In most technical sections of this forum, people only post about the problems that they are having.

When everything is working fine, they are driving, not typing ;)

·
Banned
9 Posts
I hear ya guys!

Yeah I know what you all mean about the 2nd to 3rd thing and it only happens when you try to shift real fast. Its crap, but nothing huge. I used to have a 2003 SE-R Spec V. Other then the recall for the exhaust hangers and what not I had absolutly no problems with it at all. When I traded it it had an AEM Short Ram Intake and a Borla axle back exhaust. Man did it sound sweet!! Had a very deep powerful sound. Although I cant wait until I start gettin my maxi modded, oh man. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts