Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey guys, again, i can't thank most of u for the help u have given me about my 97max and my future 98 240sx. So here is my dilema of the week. This morning i was gettin ready to go to work, and i decided to remote start my car from my room. When the car got the signal, it like.........wanted to start but it didnt. it like, was a crank but no start. so i got out and checked the oil, it was fine a lil low, the battery is new, its an optima red top, my only guess would be my starter, so i got in and started to crank and give some gas after a few seconds of gas/crank it fired up and stayed on normally, i drove it to work and it drove fine, when i got out of work (9:15pm) the car started fine but with the usual grind noise heard when it done cranking ( i should get that checked). so does anybody have any experiences with a starter for a 97max with 81K miles on it?

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
So...you were giving it gas while you were starting it up?

When was your last tuneup? Sounds to me like spark or fuel issue...you shouldn't ever need to pump the gas in a fuel-injected car unless something is wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um yeah i was giving it gas, the last tune up was done maybe at 45K i hope that is what my aunt told me............i mean i guess i can give it another one. I just began wondering if like maybe would my starter have like........already been damaged, ( i mean this remote start is like one of the first models to come out, and not done profesionally) so i mean i'll change the starter soon, but this car is really starting to piss me off with all these stupid lil problems its coming up with

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Well I don't think the sound you hear after the starter is cranking is very good...it may be on its way out.

As far as tune-ups are concerned. Stock fuel filters only last around 30k...

I'm not sure if the remote start would be your source of the problem since it only connects to the ignition system. You still have problems starting if it's you turning the key, correct?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it still happens, i mean i just noticed that when it is really cold out (in the mornin) that when i crank the car.........like it will fire up then the noise, then sometimes it will act as if it is losing fuel----begin to die, (and sometimes die) but the other times it wont die, the oil light flickers a couple times. A while ago when i was doing an oil change the sensor that is attached to the pan was leaking around it pretty bad, now would that be like my crank sensor or my oil pressure sensor/switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts