Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a Sentra seema like a really good choice for me

I was wondering how easy DIY applications are with these cars?
for instance, is replacing the front speakers an easy job? or does it take more than an hour to take apart the front door?
what about the rear speakers? how about the deck?
how about installing engine mods like an intake?

Is the Sentra generally an easy car to work on or is it a pain in the ass like an RX7? (each speaker has its own pre-amp :mad: and you need a hose for an arm just to remove the spark plugs)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
DJHOUSE77 said:
I was wondering how easy DIY applications are with these cars?
Easy.

DJHOUSE77 said:
for instance, is replacing the front speakers an easy job? or does it take more than an hour to take apart the front door?
Took my old ones out in 10 minutes last week.

DJHOUSE77 said:
what about the rear speakers?
If you can use a screwdriver, you can probably take out the rear speakers without much trouble.

DJHOUSE77 said:
how about the deck?
As in the CD player? Did mine two years ago, replaced it again three months later, and again three months later. It's hella easy.

DJHOUSE77 said:
how about installing engine mods like an intake?
Installing my Weapon-R Hyper intake took less than an hour.

DJHOUSE77 said:
Is the Sentra generally an easy car to work on or is it a pain in the ass like an RX7? (each speaker has its own pre-amp :mad: and you need a hose for an arm just to remove the spark plugs)
All-in-all, a Sentra is a very simple car and is very easy to work on. I started knowing basically nothing about cars and I haven't broken anything major yet :) .

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Your first time through any of these things is going to take some time, but once you've done it once or twice, you can do them all very quickly. I could change out a door speaker quick, but I've had my door panel off many times (to hook up the lock linkage that I removed when getting in when I locked my keys in). I can change the stereo deck out quickly too. The rearspeakers are quite easy, the entire back seat can be taken out with a screwdriver and removing two screws. Removing the rear deck panel is easy as well. But I've done these things a few times. If you take your time not to break anything you'll see how things go together and it'll be that much easier next time. I've found the car very easy to work on. Things aren't so crammed into the engine compartment like on most cars anymore. Where you have to remove half the engine to change a belt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
removing front speakers

So you have to take the whole door panel off to remove the speakers-- is that correct?

I've also heard that a 6.5 inch speaker will fit up front. Will this work without a lot of effort?

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
lalito said:
So you have to take the whole door panel off to remove the speakers-- is that correct?

I've also heard that a 6.5 inch speaker will fit up front. Will this work without a lot of effort?

thanks
way easier than my 94TTZ :thumbup

·
Registered
88 Posts
The front door panel is real easy to take off, all you need is a flat head screw driver.

When added a pass side rear view mirror on my car I went to the local pick-n-pull to get the mirror and bascially "practiced" on those dorr panels to learn how to remove em. Really easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
drummer5 said:
The front door panel is real easy to take off, all you need is a flat head screw driver.
So how exactly would I go about removing my front door panels of my '93 Sentra? Any tips? I have no idea how to go about doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
BigFatBill said:
Any tips?
Hayne's Manual. It had a good description for when I had to take off the door panels in my car.

·
NisMopar
1,010 Posts
Hey Bill.Just grab a screwdriver or screwgun and look for the 3 or 4 screws on the bottom of the panel take them out.Then there is 1 in the interior handle.Pop out the backing to the handle pull on the interior and I think there is one there as well.Fully open the door and you will find a couple up top on the inside hidden unless door is full open.Take a quick look over and if you dont see anymore screws just grab the bottom and pull it up while wigglin left and right and you will have it off.After doin this once youll do it a million times quicker.

·
Registered
199 Posts
on my 93 nsxe the doors are real easy. only a couple of things you gotta watch for.

first off don't pry the door roller. there's a 'clip' on it you gotta use a hooked tool to pull it out (consult haynes manual). i used a fishin' hook, cut off the sharp tip.

when pulling the panel off, tilt the bottom out towards you and pull up (tilt it out a little, NOT alot). doesnt need much force. *when putting it back in, its easiest to insert the top-front of the panel in first (the part nearest the side mirror), with the top-rear tilted up and then slide the rest down into place. you wont need to force it, it should slide in with minimal pressure.

there are two plastic push screws that hold a plastic peice around the seat belt to the panel at the top of the panel. either use two flathead screwdrivers and be real careful, or buy a trimpad tool from autozone. the trimpad tool makes it real easy to remove those, without breaking them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts