Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
modified hood for GTi-R

i am doing a GTi-R swap soon and i was looking at the intercool and started wondering if there was anyway that i could buy/have someone make a hood with a small scoop (kinda like the subaru wrx but not as big) to get more air to the top mount intercooler. can anyone give me any information. are there products out there or if i have to make it who could i call?

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
intercooler

don't bother with modifying the hood, If you move it to the front of the car you'll have much better performance, other wise the engine just makes the intercooler hot.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha. how about i just go ahead lighten it while im at it like the one on thread "the best looking 200sx or sentra youve seen"(1st page). but seriously... ive seen a lot of b13's with front mount intercoolers and a lot of b14 200's with top mount. i dont know. i will just contact jim wolfe or hotshot.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I would rather have people seeing my front mount intercooler than a hole in my hood, but thats just me.

Intercoolers are YUMMY!

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
Mark under the hood where the intercooler is. Then get any style hood scoop you like off any car or aftremarket part. Then remove your hood, cut the hole, attach the scoop, and repaint the top of the hood.

Seth

·
Registered
124 Posts
hell why not do both, click on my www link to see my hoodscoop. i know it ain;t turbo, but i always get compliments.

jr

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
problem solved! i called jgycustoms, they said the top mount intercooler on the GTi-R wont even fit in the 200. have to have a front mount IC installed. thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im in ohio. i act. just got off the phone with him and we decided to do a bluebird instead. since the intercooler from the GTi-R wont fit under the hood, i cant go with out it and i dont really have the extra coin to purchase aftermarket. i think they go for a grand or something. im not sure if im gonna have him do it yet. i might do it myself. depends if i have the time in the summer to install. plus if i know what the hell im doin haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts