Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to say it, and I know a lot of fellow members have it on their minds too, but I honestly feel the atmosphere is a little too strict....almost Nazi. If this thread gets deleted like others, then so be it, but someone will see it. I think people are more comfortable in a relaxed atmosphere, thats why they go to "other" forums. I'm not saying have all the crap talking in the world going on, but give me a break....this isn't prison, nor is it boot camp. :rolleyes:

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Moderators..

I do agree that it's not a good idea to go way off-topic. I do understand what Moderators mean, and I don't disagree with that. One of my thread had taken away too. Maybe i was a little too excited about this new forum (i love it) and my post probablly looked like I was going off topic. It is fine for me, but same time, it is also important for moderators to understand what this forum is really here for. I believe this is the place to exchange information, ideas, experiences, and have good time with all the other Nissan crews. Isn't last part one of the most important part of this forum? This place should be the fun place. In my personal opinion (i could be wrong), I think it is not that of a big deal about going a little off topic. Bashing on people, posting completely wrong topic is not good and those posts should be erased. I think a lot of others are not happy about this whole thing..... I would sudgest some of you moderators to loosen up a little and why don't we have a good time?....

Thanks for reading. I love this forum by the way..

Aloha,

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
i agree...damn Nazi's *hehe* i had several post deleted sure some were dumb....but the other board we had the sae kinda people on the BB and the moderators didnt delete there post..then get PMed and threatened to be Banned from it...that was weak...wouldnt do anygood anyways theres always a way back...just saying settle down on trying ro smack folks around with your so called "Power" no one cares..just making your self look like an ass

·
Registered
235 Posts
andre said:
I'll be the first to say it, and I know a lot of fellow members have it on their minds too, but I honestly feel the atmosphere is a little too strict....almost Nazi. If this thread gets deleted like others, then so be it, but someone will see it. I think people are more comfortable in a relaxed atmosphere, thats why they go to "other" forums. I'm not saying have all the crap talking in the world going on, but give me a break....this isn't prison, nor is it boot camp. :rolleyes:
I can understand some off topic talk especially as this thing gets off it's feet. But there was A LOT of post whoring. Lots of "I posted here first." It was funny at first, but after about 25 or so "I'm first" posts it gets really stupid. I did delete a few of the post whoring threads as I thought they were quite useless.

My biggest issue was with Sentrixx and posting "Where is all my Beotchs!?!?!?" in the women racers section for the first thread. No smilies or anything. Sorry guys but do you think it would be appropriate to say that in front of a bunch of women you don't know? That's what it's like doing it here.

I personally don't mind a reasonable amount of off topic conversation as it always happens and it usually can be fun. But remember, there are more people here than just yourself so please respect that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
NiN_00 said:
i agree...damn Nazi's *hehe* i had several post deleted sure some were dumb....but the other board we had the sae kinda people on the BB and the moderators didnt delete there post..then get PMed and threatened to be Banned from it...that was weak...wouldnt do anygood anyways theres always a way back...just saying settle down on trying ro smack folks around with your so called "Power" no one cares..just making your self look like an ass
If you agree the posts were dumb then don't you think it was ok to have them deleted?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
I agree with you Boosterwitch. I saw that post on women racers post. And I don't think you did anything wrong about that. Sounds like you do understand what our point is... :)

·
Banned
162 Posts
I agree !!

Lets keep this board on topic, its a RESOURCE for Nissan enthusiasts, not a street corner to meet your "homies" at. . :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Boosterwitch said:

If you agree the posts were dumb then don't you think it was ok to have them deleted?
ya but don't you think you could have MOVED them to off topic? :confused:

or was that too much to ask?

B

·
0 Posts
Re: I agree !!

KSipmann said:
Lets keep this board on topic, its a RESOURCE for Nissan enthusiasts, not a street corner to meet your "homies" at. . :cool:
and a place where the moderaters can abuse there power, right? :D

·
Banned
162 Posts
Well I don't think your right there at all, but I guess you can express your own view on that.

P.S.

See I didn't close or delete your post. :D

Give it time, some of the moderators don't know how to do certain things yet. Like moving threads etc. Maybe they only know how to delete, I dunno. Give it time. Stick to the topic if its a topic type thread and you'll be okay. :p

B

·
0 Posts
KSipmann said:
Well I don't think your right there at all, but I guess you can express your own view on that.

P.S.

See I didn't close or delete your post. :D
oh...thank you sir...i can have an opinion on here? shock

i don't know can you delete in any forum section?

·
Banned
162 Posts

Honestly if you don't like it, no ones making you post here. I'm trying to be fair with you and all your doing is giving me grief because your post got deleted or whatever.

Whats your deal? What do you want us to do? :confused:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bri4404 said:

i don't know can you delete in any forum section?
I can :)

The only threads that I have deleted were post whore threads. I can't speak for the other moderators though.

We currently have a FAQ in a moderators only section so they can learn. Many of the people here are new to vBulletin so there will be a learning curve. Please be patient guys.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: oh...thank you sir...i can have an opinion on here? shock

KSipmann said:
Honestly if you don't like it, no ones making you post here. I'm trying to be fair with you and all your doing is giving me grief because your post got deleted or whatever.

Whats your deal? What do you want us to do? :confused:
let just say that when the first post you make to a forum gets deleted, however stupid it is, it leaves a bad impression of the forum.

what i find amazing is that despite these comments that people make you and the other mods don't even bother listening.

oh i'm sure i won't be posting long. i'm sure its only a matter of time before i leave and don't come back or get banned. i'm sure that would break your heart. :D

what i want? relax a little bit. :)

·
Banned
162 Posts
What was your first post about? If it was way off topic like "Hey I'm the first to post in here yippeee" then I can see why it was removed. What is the value in a post like that to the other viewers of the forum?

You have to keep in mind, this is a brand new forum. If the only posts in here are like that, why would anyone post a legit question or thread in here?

I'm not trying to be harsh on you at all, just trying to encourage you to see things in a different way. I think it is you that needs to relax a bit. Afterall your the person protesting about a post getting deleted and calling all the moderators Nazi's. :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
KSipmann said:
What was your first post about? If it was way off topic like "Hey I'm the first to post in here yippeee" then I can see why it was removed. What is the value in a post like that to the other viewers of the forum?

You have to keep in mind, this is a brand new forum. If the only posts in here are like that, why would anyone post a legit question or thread in here?

I'm not trying to be harsh on you at all, just trying to encourage you to see things in a different way. I think it is you that needs to relax a bit. Afterall your the person protesting about a post getting deleted and calling all the moderators Nazi's. :cool:
i think i'm done...this seems to be going nowhere.. :)

p.s. one more thing...just so you don't think i'm alone on this...

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36367

you have been weighed...you have been measured...and you have found to be...wanting...

·
Banned
162 Posts
hmmm,...k

Well enjoy yourself where ever you decide to post. Thanks for the feedback anyhow. Regardless of whatever you think, it is much appreciated. :cool:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont get me wrong guys, I wasn't saying to allow all the crap talking all the time. I saw the women racers thread, but I refrained from posting. I didn't agree with it, and I thought it was way out of hand. But come on, its only been 3 days or so, people are going to be a little excited about a new forum. A lot of people here know the serious type of person I am, and in one of my post I said I would be my normal self in a couple of days, but the moderators took offense.

And I have taken notice of the mods who do the warnings and deletings....it wasn't the former mods...its the people who must be new to the power.

Well, its just starting up, so all this must be natural, in a week it will be different. ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts