Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 98 Sentra GXE since february. I've looked around for different after market parts for it and I've noticed that the parts are up to 97 only.

What is the differnces between a 97 and a 98 sentra?

Also, I know nothing about the 200sx. How do they differ from sentras? I've seen them on the road and they don't look very different at all.

Thanks in advance

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
list........

front and rear bumpers.....
front headlights and grill..
tailights..
black outside mirrors.....
white-face gauges......
standard sway bar......
no chrome around windows....
bigger clarion head unit...
interior trim available......
wheels with caps....
something i missed, let me know.....

·
Banned
302 Posts
200 sx se /se-r

Can someone help me out on the difference between the '97 200 SX SE's and SE-R's? What is the difference besides horsepower/engine size? Differneces like in appearance? I have a 200 SX which says 200 SX on the back left and SE on the back right, does anybody know if the SE-Rs say SE-R or just SE? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to try posting a new thread w/ a different title.
As you can see I didn't get much response. :(

BTW: I don't have a clue about the differences.

·
Banned
302 Posts
ok, because mine has all the things you mentioned and is a stick. i'm not sure on whether its an se or se-r because on the back it just says 200 sx then se, no r. i have heard that the se's only come in automatic and se-r's only in manual?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Yours is an SE. Both SEs and SE-Rs were available with a 5-speed or an automagic. The best way to tell what yours is is by looking under the hood. If your engine looks like this:

you have an SE. Otherwise, you've got an SE-R, powered by the infamous SR20DE.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
is that a b13 engine bay?? looks nice with the red and silver thing going on.....where's the mandatory upper strut tower bar though??and is that a custom piping matched to a dragon, correct me if i am wrong, filter???

·
Banned
302 Posts
AZkicker, does your SE-R say SE-R on the back of the car? Or is it just 200 SX on the back left and SE on the back right? How much would a supercharge do you guys think would cost for say 50 horsepower more? Mine seems to run out of power on quick acceleration when the AC or heater is on..

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
azkicker0027 said:
is that a b13 engine bay?? looks nice with the red and silver thing going on.....where's the mandatory upper strut tower bar though??and is that a custom piping matched to a dragon, correct me if i am wrong, filter???
Yes, that's the engine bay on my '94 E. I like the silver and red together, it looks high performance, even though it's not :) . Strut bar is coming soon, and the piping is a Weapon-R Hyper intake mated to, you guessed it, a Dragon filter.

·
Banned
302 Posts
se/se-r

Can someone with an 200 sx se-r tell me if it says se-r on the back right of their car or just se? Also, does anyone know if the 200 SX SE's have those circular white lights that are close to the ground on the front or that just with the se-r's? Thanks

F

·
0 Posts
adapting

so with some of these special things that the SE-R has, can they be put on a '99 sentra gxe or other b14 for that matter? for instance, the rear disc breaks or the suspension, etc. i've seen the article for project 200sx on sideskirts, are these the same ones (that come on the SE-R) that can be adapted to the other models? thanks.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
akk51, Yes, it says se-r if its a se-r, obviously.

·
Banned
126 Posts
DAMN
first, the SE-R says SE-R on the back... does it make any sense to just say SE????

·
Registered
500 Posts
The Sentra is the same chassis with two extra doors and the rear end lights are different. I know there are other differences but for the sake of swapping parts like the mirrors and door handles and sideskirts, that's all the information needed. As far as the sideskirts they differ slightly between years on the screw holes and where they screw into the chassis, so try to get sideskirts from the same year if you can. You can swap the rear brakes to disc, but since the drums and axle are all one piece, you need to get an SE-R rear axle and swap the whole thing out (I read this somewhere. Is this correct?)

·
Banned
302 Posts
i know, i know the se-r says ser. i'm just confused whether i have the 1.6 liter GA or the 2 liter. I have 15 inch aluminum wheels and heard SE-R's have them? Can someone help me? Thanks.

·
0 Posts
azkicker0027 said:
okay here's more, se-r has more horsepower, rear disc brakes, abs, lowered ride height, very nice side skirts, leather wrapped shift knob, and steering wheel, anything i miss?? let me know.....
Bigger engine (2.0 vs. 1.6)

By the way, not all SE-R's have ABS. My 96 doesn't have it, although it could have been had as an option.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts