Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine loves his 97 prelude (ones with the ugly rear end). A proud owner of Honda I might add (big H symbol on the back window as if you can't tell that Its a honda). After I stomped a mod integra the other night, I was pretty confident against his prelude (bigger displacement but heavier with an auto).

Got to a stoplight as we're following a friend home, the lanes were clear and he wanted some. Knowing that he had an auto, I delay launched in order to compensate for his disability. I was caught off guard on how FAST that little rice launched!! He pulled a good 1 1/2 car length before I even got off the line. Immediately shifting to second after I bogged the launched, my specV surged forward dead even and slowly pulled away from him up to 80 mph. It was a good 3 car lengths when I stopped there.

I have more respects for the H22, but its still pretty sad that his "VTEC" didn't catch up to me higher up in the rev band. And the fact that he told me he "getto launched" his car (explaining that jump he got in the beginning. Hold his brake and reving his rice). Newbie mistake, no more heads starts for anyone!!

Kills:

Ford Truck: (unmarked, was pissed off so couldn't get info)

Prelude:2.2 liter VTEC
-CAI
-Header
-Fart can

91 integra:1.8 liter VTEC
-CAI -Header
-port and polished
-HKS Cat-Back (or so he says)

·
Registered
24 Posts
how many mods do u have ...by the way those integras didnt have vtec but if he had a b18c vtec(a gs-r motor) and with those mods he would of smoked he f*ck out of you..... by the way what the hell you call rice when you step on the brake and the gas and the gas at the same time ...:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please tell me you know each other because if you guys don't then well 97Hatch you are way out of line.... I can show a time slip from myself racing a GSR obviously you wouldn't be able to tell you would just have to trust me. They aren't that fast and for PReludes well they aren't either!!! I OWN ONE! 92 with a H22A swap!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chill

As to your question 97hatch, It was a GSR and its a GSR with all those "goodies" as far as I can tell. I can't tell you what should and shouldn't win but I DID. Maybe you've underestimated the QR25 engines, and BTW, tone it down a bit. You don't have to get so defense. I didn't call him rice cuz of the gas/brake launch, I called it the "getto launch". I mentioned that he was a rice cuz he had to decorate his car into one. Stickers to make you faster, one windshield wiper to reduce weight etc....

As to your question SE-Rial killer (awesome name), I don't know this kid. But thanx for speaking out for me in a non bias point of view.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With a semi retarted driver a GSR w/ CAI/H/E and port and polished heads will destroy a spec V. A stock Spec V and GSR is a close race

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People like you drive me nuts!!!! First of all when was the last time you saw a GSR I/H/E polished head race a Spec V???? Second of all have you stopped to think about the different torque bands in comparison to each other... By the time that GSR is making power the Spec v will be shifting to second gear and getting back into its power band while the GSR will still be aching to get into its 7000 RPM powerband. Now I am not saying that the Spec V would win in stock form but you have never seen the match up and maybe never seen one race before, so until you know shut the hell up!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
are you talking to me..:mad: cause if he had a 91 integra gs-r those didnt even have vtec now what im saying is if he had the swap from a gs-r he would of smoked you cause those are lighter...thats what im tying to say and by the way i have seen gs-r's race ith se-r's spec-v and it's more like drivers race..but if the driver of the gs-r had those mods and with a good driver he would of beat the spec v with no problem...by the way who the fu*ck are you calling kid....:mad:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw, I did, I won...

Either he didn't port & polish and the header/CAI was a creation of my imagination, or he shoved a fat chick under the steering wheel and I didn't notice it. Otherwise, he was trying. I heard his car loud and clear, even when I was pulling on him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see i hit a rough spot.....Actually I have never seen that race but I can tell you I have driven spec v many times(almost bought it) and similarly moded GSR's. I am not saying they are comparable as far power band and tourque curve ect. I know they are 2 totally different beast but i know one thing despite all talk of torque and powerband on the track the GSR w/ those mods vs a spec v will win its that simple.you talkin bout a 15.0-15.3 car vs a est. mid to low 14 second car....all that talk about torque goes out the window. Spec V might get an edge off the line w/ a good driver but thats all the rest of the way he is lookin at the GSR tail lights. As far as a stock comparison its very close. I guess a SPEC V can take a S2000.......9000 the spec V will be in 4th by the time S2K is in 2nd if you mathematics are correct.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see that this really isn't going anywhere, so for the sake of this discussion. I ran into a retard driver with a poorly tuned GSR and I got butt lucky, if we want to continue this discussion I say we use the right topic. This one is about the Prelude, I don't want to confuse anyone jumping on to this one.:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am not saying that at all... you have to look at the HP/Torque curve... the GSR has very little hp or tq for that matter until it is in the 6000 range as where the Q25 has a flat hp and tq curve. I am not necessarily saying which one would win but I will tell you now that a GSR is not a 14 sec car it is a high 15 sec car. (or did I miss understand you?) as for the quy who was saying that a GSR swapped into a early 90's series integra what if you did the same to a Q25 in a B13 I mean come on compare apples to apples. I love both Hondas and Nissans (IE I own both) I just don't think that the GSR could do it knowing how well my stock B13 SE-R has fared against every one that I have come across!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just abbreviating it.. I know and a USDM Type R is a B18C5, I know! He was talking about swapping a GSR into his 92 integra or something like that. Just easier to say B18C, Which in 92 did come with the available option of the B17 DOHC Vtec motor which put out about 170 hp instead of 180... very rare and hard to find.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
one winshield wiper!!!

ROFLMAO!!!
thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. especially since just the other day my friends brother took the passenger side wiper of my friend's Blazer, saying it looked cool. lol It quickly went back on due to impending rain.
now i know where his brother got that from, he owns a CRX ha ha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You did misunderstand me. A stock GSR is about a 15.5 car w/ a good driver. I meant a GSR w/ I/H/E and port and polished heads is a 14 sec car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Now im not trying to be mean or anything but why are you on this Forum?? From the looks of it your a Honda lover. Souldent you be on a honda Forum or do they have one haha. Is it just me or is a honda lover on a Nissan Forum just not right. Now im not picking sides but honda is our #1 enemy.:D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
He wants to know how he can ge his hands on an SR20 before "Race Wars".....:D

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
you all may think im retarded, but 0-60 times are how i usually consider which car is faster and a stock GSR is like a 1/2 second quicker than a Spec V. I hate is as much as the next nissan guy. Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts